Would love some buddies

Options
Hi, I've been on here 2 weeks. That is when I started the 17-day diet. I am 39, always been the tallest, biggest person in the room, and let me tell you, it weighs you down emotionally as well as physically! I am always a real positive person, and don't believe in feeling sorry for myself... but gee whiz, I just can't seem to stay on the eat healthy band wagon. I think you make your own destiny, and I seem to do very well in all areas of my life but this one! I have always been a very healthy eater, but, between my genes and my love of any kind of food, (yes, even liver and broccoli), I seem to be doomed! That being said, the last two weeks, I have looked to this site and facebook for inspiration, and yes, even to keep my mind and hands busy so I don't eat!

If you would like to be my friend, (ugh, does that sound desperate?), please add me :-)

Replies

• KristysLosing
    Options
    Welcome!! I fell off the wagon last week...I completely understand!
  • lotuslion
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to friend me - it doesn't sound desperate at all. There are great people on this site! :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    What is it with these wagons being so hard to stay in? Maybe the roads need to be repaved? :laugh: I'm trying to get back into the swing of things too. I'll send you a friend request!
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. How do you like the 17 day diet?
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I feel that when you have a great support system, you will succeed. I have struggled with my weight for years and it wasn't until I was invited to a weight loss support group that I really started losing the weight. The support of the ladies in that group have been tremendous!
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi i've added you. Its very hard staying on the wagon, i've been at this since january and keep falling off but somehow i manage to get back on again. Good luck xx
  • mcgeevd
    Options
    I can understand it is hard sometimes we need support lets add each other
  • deerekelli
    deerekelli Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So far so good on the 17 day diet. It is basically just eating healthy with a little twist with lemons and green tea and yogurt :-) The main thing, for me anyway, is planning, planning, planning. I try to figure out basically what I am going to eat and get it ready on Sunday. If I have to think about it during the week, I would rather stop at Pizza Hut for a $10 pizza!! LOL... But, if I plan what I am going to eat, and know it is here at the house, I actually crave what I am having. Need any more info, let me know. I'm only 2 weeks in, but the weight so far has melted off of me!