Back at it

Options
0atmeel
0atmeel Posts: 168 Member
I am trying to get back into the grove of exercising, counting steps, and eating better. What say you?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,412 Member
    Options
    That things are pretty groovy in my neck of the woods, in eating and activity terms?

That I endorse exercise that so fun you want to do it, and food you enjoy eating that adds up to overall good nutrition on average, with a few treats in the mix for joy? That's my groove, pretty much.

The harder the plan - the more annoying, impractical, unnatural-feeling, restrictive - the harder to stick to. What would make a good (better than previous) groove more pleasant, practical, easy for you?

The ideal IMO is new habits that are easy enough they can continue almost on autopilot long-term, when other parts of life get demanding . . . because they will.

Best wishes for success this time around!
  • Tekibee
    Tekibee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, I'm in the same boat... trying to find my groove. I've been following Noom for a few months and when I'm finished the "program" I'm staying here. I think AnnP's advice is fabulous.. find something easy to follow, exercise that excites you and I thing you're good to go. Comparing Noom to MFP, MFP is just an easier interface for community and tracking.. I love all the info here. good luck to us!
  • hoarc1987
    hoarc1987 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am trying to go to planet fitness a few times a week.. just got back finally
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Have got exercising down pat. Now to get the eating plan in gear.
  • hoarc1987
    hoarc1987 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    annieb45 wrote: »
    Have got exercising down pat. Now to get the eating plan in gear.

Wow that’s great!!

• Boringfakename
    Boringfakename Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, on Day Two today of my latest effort. While I can't exercise thanks to a disability, I'm looking forward to meeting with a dietician to maximize the food side of the equation. I want to lose 40 pounds, one day at a time.