Little Rock Arkansas support group

Options
anyone else out there from Little Rock? My wife and I are active on the site for a few weeks now, and I was thinking that we could join others from the areas to create a support group. I thought this would help everyone stay motivated.

Thanks
Mike

Replies

• KazziaLlewellynn
    KazziaLlewellynn Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mike...and wife! hi! I'm Kaz and I am from Little Rock. I think that would be a great idea. You are both welcome to add me!
  • elcanela
    Options
    I'm on the other side of the state by Fort Smith, but if I'm close enough to count I'd love to be included ;-)
  • KazziaLlewellynn
    Options
    Hey there! I'll actually be heading your way in Feb! Lol! Gotta bring kids to Rogers for youth conference!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm in Arkadelphia...so of course I have to tell people from outside AR that I'm from LR, lol. Do you guys do anything like 5K's or the Big Dam Bridge, etc.?

And elcanela, I'm from Fort Smith originally! =)
  • KazziaLlewellynn
    Options
    Yes that counts! My mother in law is from Arkadelphia. Small world! I do the big dam bridge walk, I missed it this year sadly, but am doing the race for the cure for the first time. I'll have to walk it I'm sadly out of shape but am building up to it. I almost did it last year but my husband to be threw a fit! It was our wedding day and he didn't want me to have to run home to change into my dress LOL!
  • elcanela
    Options
    bstamps, I landed here only because of work ;o) I'm originally from Boston, MA but I've lived all over.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I live in LR!
  • KazziaLlewellynn
    Options
    Hi! I think Mike may be AFK! For now I'll try to make sure to welcome everyone. If you want to join the group I suggest adding one another and we should all be great support for one another!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I really want to do the Race for the Cure this year! I am going to Honduras either that weekend or the next....hoping the next weekend so I can finally do it! I think it's awesome that little Arkansas has the 3rd largest Race for the Cure in the nation!!
  • KazziaLlewellynn
    Options
    Me too! Our church has a group that's going, but honestly they're going to leave me in the dust. I'm going to be walking briskly. I hope...
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My wife is becoming a runner. did her first 5k (LR marathon) and LOVED it. shes now running with the little rock running club every week and is a huge fan.

I was a runner years ago. last time i really ran distance was the country music 1/2 marathon about 8 years ago. Now i mostly do HIT, and interval training.
  • mike_littlerock
    Options
    BTW.. i created a group called "Little Rock Mafia" and sent the ones that posted above an invite.

NOTE: we are not affiliated with any organized, or disorganized, crime families, (or legion of doom, etc.)

Love to keep in touch with arkansas MFP members for support and friendship. would be fun to get together for lunch/dinner someday to get to meet everyone in person.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    I am in Harrisburg, about 2 1/2 hrs from Little Rock.....do I count? LOL
  • jameslpipes
    Options
    I am in Russellville and still fairly new to this site. I did the CARTI Tour de Rock this past weekend and I am planning on doing the Riverside Duathlon in July and either the 50 or 62 mile leg of the Big Dam Bridge 100 in September, would love to join your group and be friends with everyone.
  • mike_littlerock
    Options
    Hi James and Leslie.. nice to meet both of you.

James, my buddies band was playing at the Tour de Rock this year, janie and I were not able to make it though (babysitting an awesome granddaughter)
  • Kassi_Lynn
    Kassi_Lynn Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Im on the north side. I go to the gym at the airforce base :)
  • morningstar_amanda
    Options
    I am in Hot Springs, but frequently exercise, dine and play in Little Rock. I volunteer for many health related events I'm the Little Rock area as well.