10 days in and a lifetime to go!

Options
Hello everyone! I am on day 10. I made it this far and I am planning to be here for the long haul. I want to lose 60 - 75 lbs! I have a long way to go. Any tips for the adventure?

Replies

• NostalgicDruid
    Options
    Make some friends who will motivate you and don't let any mishaps (eating too much, missing a workout) keep you from moving forward. You can do it!
  • Sunny_1989
    Options
    If your feeling down and wanting to give up, find someone to encourage you and keep you motivated! That's the best way to go, whether it is through the websites forums or a friend in your life, having the kind words is the easiest way to keep it up!

Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. Keep track of your sodium level as well as your calories. I seem to gain weight when my sodium is high. :smile:
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yup! surround yourself with a great and motivational group :)
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    1. every day is a new day.
    2. plan your menu out for the day in advance and do your darnedest to stick to it.
    3. come out here a lot, there's so much support.
    4. don't get discouraged by people who lose weight quickly. everyone loses it at their own pace.
    5. exercise even if it's just for 10 minutes a day, do something you enjoy
    6. experiment with different/new recipes, modify old favorites so they have less calories and fat. check out skinnytaste.com and hungrygirl.com for inspiration.
    7. remember that everyone has bad days and food is one of the easiest things in the world to turn to for comfort. if it happens, and it will, don't let that derail you in your journey.
    8. enjoy the changes in your body, mind and spirit as they happen.
    9. do a happy dance to celebrate each inch lost, each pound gone, and each good choice that you make.
    10. enjoy the ride.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Make it fun for yourself. Get an ipod and some great tunes and get to moving! Takes your mind off working out! Change it up, get outside, see new sites!!! and.....you can do this!! It is so much fun getting to shop for new clothing!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Dig your feet and and suck up all the knowledge you can. By saying you have a lifetime to go, you are ackowledging that there are no easy fixes to weight loss. It's a full lifestyle change. You're on the right track, good luck! And follow milesbackwards suggestions - every one is a gem!
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have joined some challenges here on the website that have keep me going when I have been to busy or tired to workout.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Work the diary everyday. Everything in moderation. And believe in yourself.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your new commitment to you and your health.
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Stick with it by being part of this neighborhood! I'll friend you--we can encourage each other. :smile:
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome....just take it one day at a time, log in all your food intake and start moving and you'll see some positive results. Feel free to add me as a friend. I started on this journey of healthy living about 6 months ago and have been able to lose nearly 49 pounds. It has been a long road, but so far, so good. :-)
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    First: Get your calories and macros figured out correctly. DON'T USE THE MFP DEFAULT. If you want help let me know.

Next: Even if it seems strange to you, weigh and measure everything that you eat. Don't put anything in your mouth if you haven't properly logged it.

Third: Figure out what type of exercise routine you will be following and log it in everyday. If you can, LIFT WEIGHTS. It will make your body burn hot and the fat will melt off of you...trust me on this. As a marine you probably already know this.

Finally: Make some good hard-working dedicated MFP friends and use them for motivation and motivate them right back. Sticl with this and it will work for you.

Be in 100 %.
    Be a warrior.
    Be my friend. :)