Peanut butter apple "pie" wraps

Options
ajbeans
ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
I just made these and they were super yummy. They satisfied my craving for something sweet without being too over-the-top sweet. They're not exactly "low-cal," but for a desserty snack, they're fairly healthy, and so delicious.

4 egg roll wraps
1 apple, cored and sliced thinly
2 or 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400F. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the center of each egg roll wrapper, leaving at least half an inch on 3 sides and an inch on one end clear to prevent leaking. Lay apple slices on top of the peanut butter, overlapping a bit. Fold in the sides of the wrappers, then fold down the top and roll until the whole wrapper is around the apples with the seam at the bottom. Lightly spritz with cooking spray or olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes until wrappers get crisp. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.

Makes 4 servings.

Per serving:
Calories 226 Carbs 31 Protein 7 Fat 9 Potass 127 Fiber 3

*** Edit: Oh crap, I realized just now that I gave the nutritional info WITH a caramel drizzle. It will be about 30 cals lower if you don't do caramel.

I think you could also add a bit of cinnamon to these and they'd be delicious. I ate mine with a little caramel dip drizzled on them, but you wouldn't have to. My kids totally loved them as well. If you have trouble getting the wrapper to roll, try cutting the slices in half so they're narrower. That would make them a little more manageable.

Replies