How do you log your food?

Options
2»

Replies

• DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I log the whole day ahead of time…others I log as I go. If I log after it goes sideways fast. It seems easier to log the whole day in morning and delete or alter as things evolve. It helps me stay in the “zone” calorie/macro wise better.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i log as i go.
  • jonperelstein
    jonperelstein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Log as I go, but I find that more and more I'm pre-planning the day by entering what I expect to eat for the day. It helps me stay on target, even if I have to change one of the meals.
  • trunkschan90
    trunkschan90 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log in my food and drink as I eat them. It's easier to keep track when I have the food in front of me.
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I pre log Monday- Friday then log as I go at the weekends.
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I prelog dinners a week in advance because I have always planned the weekly menu (hubs like checking the "menu board" on the fridge to see what's coming up.) I am a good cheffy cook so dinners tend to be more complicated to log. Then I log everything else for the day as I go.
  • marksgilpin
    marksgilpin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This thread is extremely helpful. Thanks for posting!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    I mix and match.

In general, I pre-track as much as possible helps with grocery shopping as well. I often start with most limiting meal which is typically dinner, or some meal outside the home. I then fill in the remaining of the day. As the actual day proceeds, I adjust if/when necessary.

Today is a unique tricky day. For once I have no clue what the middle of my day will bring (at friend's house). Put together a "safe" breakfast. Will track the middle of the day as it happens, or make mental notes and track as soon as possible afterwards. I will then customize the rest of the day once everything else has happened. Fortunately, hubby is the driver, so I can track and plan in the car on the way back home. :P
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I log while I am making my food. Scale next to me and weight everything ingredient by ingredient
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!