wellness and personality disorders

Options
Hello and help your health and wellness journeys are going well? I am interested to see how people cope with personality disorders especially using fitness and exercise and food to help the symptoms.

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I do not have a personality disorder, but have treated a good number of people with Borderline Personality Disorder with Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). There are many coping skills associated with DBT; you could do an internet search to learn about this therapy, as well as to find many of these skills. If you are interested in obtaining this therapy, search for a DBT therapist or at least, a DBT-informed therapist. DBT has also been shown to be an evidenced based therapy for other disorders, including eating disorders.
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello, hope you are doing well. I have borderline personality disorder and some other comorbid conditions and recently I've been trying to use eating and fitness to help me feel a little more in control. When relationships are burning, professional life is crumbling, and it feels like there's nothing I can do, focusing on my eating and exercise habits feels like I'm getting a bit of a grip on life. I don't know how long the effect will last or if I'm approaching it in the healthiest manner, but I'm sure there are good ways that eating and exercise might help by being distraction or something one can control.
  • hoarc1987
    hoarc1987 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Gym helps with the negative aspects of a personality disorder such as moodiness anger and negativity or drive to manipulate but it can also make someone more grandiose narcissistic or psychopathic if they derive narcissistic supply and energy to apply their personality disorder to people too.