Anyone can help to achieve success.....pics of 10 lb loss

Options
I am struggling to loose every pound it seems, so in order to not get frustated, i was wondering if any ladies (over 40 would be great) could show pictures of just what 10 pound loss may look like, as I have about 50 to loose , I struggle with that number thinking it will be forever and need to see that even 10 pounds is a bonus in changing your body/face.......thanks appreciate it!!!:smile:

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My mom has lost over 100 lbs. She's 55 yrs old, she lost it all in the past year and a half.

2chx840.jpg
  • ccfessler
    ccfessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are you gaining muscle? I lost 10 lbs but lost 23 inches, and my body fat went down 6.4%. I got discouraged too, but I found that by measuring myself with a tape measure that I could see the inches falling off even if I wasn't losing a lot of weight.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Not over 40 yet (I'm 36) but my before/afters in my profile show a 10 lb difference :smile:
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My mom has lost over 100 lbs. She's 55 yrs old, she lost it all in the past year and a half.

2chx840.jpg

Awesome for your mom!! She looks amazing
  • Flowerbaby2
    Flowerbaby2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi ,My name is Michelle.I’m 64, I once lost about 80 lbs with MFP.I then had a knee and 2 hips replaced. My husband had a triple bypass and all kinds of stuff.CoVid did not help. I got hurt and busy with life.I lost my way within these challenges and want to get back.I have started with water aerobics and Tai Chi.Want to be part of a positive , motivated group to do so .I also have respiratory issues so am trying to balance that challenge with exercise.Would love to have some company on the journey.Hope to see some response.Thank you
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm 73 now and when I was 61 decided it was time to finally lose the weight and keep it off. I didn't set a firm goal; only wanted to lose about 40 -50 lbs to get in the overweight category. I would say that the first 20 lbs started to make a real difference; clothes didn't fit and people started noticing. I took it slow as I finally accepted that this was a lifestyle and what I did to lose weight was what I'd be doing for life. In the end I lost about 80 lbs +/- 5 and have kept off that weight for over 10 years. You can do it.
  • fishingfreckles6
    fishingfreckles6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just got on here, finding my way, I need to lose 100 lbs. I have lost 80 twice and put it back on. I have a flip phone so I can only get on this site on my laptop. So I don't know if it would be worth buying the app after the free trial. probably not since I dont have a phone that would do the app. I do like the way you put in your meals and it tells you how many carbs, fat and protein you have in the day. will see how it goes, and if anyone has any suggestions and not to buy a new phone. lol dont like the fancy ones.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    just got on here, finding my way, I need to lose 100 lbs. I have lost 80 twice and put it back on. I have a flip phone so I can only get on this site on my laptop. So I don't know if it would be worth buying the app after the free trial. probably not since I dont have a phone that would do the app. I do like the way you put in your meals and it tells you how many carbs, fat and protein you have in the day. will see how it goes, and if anyone has any suggestions and not to buy a new phone. lol dont like the fancy ones.

The free version of MFP has the basic features that most people truly need to succeed, including the thing you mention. Maybe using the free version of MFP on your laptop would work OK for you?
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

• CKTKgma
    CKTKgma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Age 62, for me, every 5# I loose is an inch off my waist and everywhere else proportionally. If I don't keep a food diary, I tend to creep up my weight. Last winter lots of family illness and ended up gaining 20 of my 28 pounds back. But down 4 and keeping logs. Anytime I have lost wt. and kept it off for months or years it has always been using a site like this. (My original site shut down)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!