College student new to MFP and hoping this works!

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm a 4th year college student, so losing weight is definately difficult. Busy class and work schedules, food EVERYWHERE, figuring out post-graduate plans. I'm not significantly overweight, but I haven't been very comfortable with my body in a while. I'm done the fad diets (no carb, etc) and always gain the weight back. So, now I'm starting to count calories and working out 4-5 times a week (2 times with a personal trainer), so hopefully this does the trick! I'd like to lose 15-20 pounds in the next year, but I'm more concerned with losing inches and feeling toned. I just got married this summer, but I don't want that to be an excuse to let myself go! My husband deserves the best! Just hoping to find a few people on MFP that are in a similar situation as me :)

Good luck during your weight loss journeys!

Height: 5'7"
Starting weight: 160lbs
Goal: 140-145lbs

Replies

• aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 5th year college student, and I know exactly the situation you're in.
    I'm 5'7" as well, and my starting weight was 159. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.

Congratulations on getting married!! Your picture is beautiful!
  • beckyahern7
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a 4th-year college student and a newlywed! This is a great, supportive place and I know you can do it! Welcome and good luck :happy:
  • solflyer81
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP!! I m a 3rd yr college student but i m 29 and a single mother of 2 : P but I know what you mean. Its hard! this place rocks! good luck on your journey and feel free to add me for support : )
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm not a student but got married, had a kid and bought a house all in the last 2 years so I'm in the stressed catagory!!!! Welcome!
  • SharleenY
    Options
    I work in the lab with you to keep you honest on all this fun working out! :)
  • kchen135
    Options
    I'm a 4th year college student and I know how busy that can be! Its hard to keep this up but you will find pretty good support on this site.