Unable to save new recipe

Options
I just lost an hour of my life that I'm never getting back trying to add a recipe three times in a row (because besides adding each ingredient I had to edit the nutrition information for green checked items because the labels don't match), and every time I got the message that it was unable to save and to try again later. Example:

uzvzyklyw36t.jpg

I found this older post that's closed that speaks to an outage: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10862662/unable-to-create-new-edit-existing-foods-meals-recipes-quick-add-sync-and-or-login-resolved

Is there an outage again?

Best Answer

Answers

• eernst79
    eernst79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a side note, it would be great if when creating recipes we could filter foods to our own foods so that it's not as difficult to find a food that you previously modified and saved to your foods.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    You might prefer using the Meals functionality? I know I do, I've never liked the recipe builder, even without bugs.
  • 135by60
    135by60 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This happens to me alllll the time. Database doesn't work for me most of the time either "Uh oh. There was a problem with your request" pretty much everytime I try to find something. For some reason it usually works when I'm using 'Add an ingredient' in the recipe builder (but is also glitchy when I'm using 'Replace an ingredient'.

For building recipes, I've learned to do a few steps/ingredients, then save, then do a few more, then save. That way I find out quickly that the save isn't working instead of after I've done all the work. I also have a bogus recipe that I use to search for foods since the database is garbage for me. It's a work around (that also doesn't always work lol)