Is it possible to lose 30lbs by Christmas? Tips/Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsKyhemia
    Options
    There is an extreme difference between quick weight loss and long-term sustainable weight loss. MOst often, people look for X # of lbs by a certain date, rather than the long-term lifestyle changes that allow for a permanent body alteration.

30lbs is alot to shoot for in 12 weeks, and while it's doable, it would not fall into the permanent sustainable category as you'll be denying your body essentials required to maintain your healthy lean mass while trying to lose fat.

My suggestion would be to check out the Weight Loss Calculators at: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/weight-loss-calculator

This will give you a clear idea for setting your long-term goals that result in a body transformation that you can keep with you all your life.

Cheers!

While I see your logic in this because it is typical for those that have lost the weight quickly, it is not necessarily true. I lost 45 lbs in 4 months. I went on to lose an additional 45 over the next 8 months and I continue to lose...alot more slowly. I didn't "cut" things out of my diet, but rather, I changed my lifestyle. I did alot of research and found out what works best with my body.
    This IS a permanant change for me...I will NEVER go back to the old way of eating.....I don't like the way it makes me feel. It is really beyond the way I looked.

To the original poster...yes you can lose that 35 lbs by Chirstmas, but you WILL have to be dedicated to a new lifestlye. Do not "DIET"! That will only get you to where you are now in about a year, if not sooner. If you are interested in learning some new habits and changing your old ways then you can succeed.

I have a blog joy.lewis4life.org that has a lot of tips and pointers on how to change your lifestyle without feeling like you aren't normal!

AWESOME!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! I'm trying to change my lifestyle as far as eating habits because they are HORRIBLE!! I have 2 girls...I do not want them to go through what I did growing up...which is why (i think) I have trouble with eating right and weight. When I was younger...it was a free for all and my parents let us have anything. For example... a whole Totino's pizza was an after school snack for me, lol....yes, I would eat supper too! So, this is definitely long term for me...it has to be. I also developed issues with hypertension after I gave birth in Feb....so, if I don't wanna stroke out, this has to be long term. I just wanna look good for Christmas, though, limbo!! But, I definitely, definitely get what everyone is saying and I thank everyone for their advice!!! Y'all Rock (yes I'm southern Y'ALL, lol!)

:love:
  • girlypop
    Options
    No offense, but I don't get what the rush is. You need to maintain the new weight with a certain amount of exercise and healthy eating once you get to that weight anyway... I mean I understand wanting to push your self but if your plan is to lose weight than pushing for the numbers to change probably won't do you very much good, because you won't have given your self time to adjust to the new lifestyle you'll need to maintain this weight loss. Can you lose 30lbs by christmas? Yes. If you don't eat anything from here till Christmas I guarantee you'll lose a minimum of 30lbs. Is that healthy? no. Is what you're doing healthy? well that's a question only you can answer; but my question to you is: what's the rush?
  • MrsKyhemia
    Options
    No offense, but I don't get what the rush is. You need to maintain the new weight with a certain amount of exercise and healthy eating once you get to that weight anyway... I mean I understand wanting to push your self but if your plan is to lose weight than pushing for the numbers to change probably won't do you very much good, because you won't have given your self time to adjust to the new lifestyle you'll need to maintain this weight loss. Can you lose 30lbs by christmas? Yes. If you don't eat anything from here till Christmas I guarantee you'll lose a minimum of 30lbs. Is that healthy? no. Is what you're doing healthy? well that's a question only you can answer; but my question to you is: what's the rush?

Oh, none taken =) Well, here's the thing...I'm not new to dieting, so I know all of what you mean. This is a life style change for me even after Christmas. I just wanna set a challenging goal and see if its possible to do. If I do lose 30lbs or whatever it ends up being, I won't stop eating and logging and working out. Actually, I have no choice...if I want to live, lol. 2 weeks After having my 2nd daughter in Feb, I developed hypertension issues. I was taken to the ER bc I thought I was having an aneurysm. My blood pressure was 200/98 and wouldn't go down. I was put on a low sodium diet and bp pills....I'm only 28! LOL! So, I lost the weight....then life changing events happened in June...moved from TN to LA, stress, anxiety, etc.... gained the weight back and 3 weeks ago I started getting headaches again everyday...my blood pressure slowly going back up. I'm way too young to be on medication all my life when I can easily control my health on my own. So, I hope people don't think I just wanna lose 30lbs by christmas and that's it.....no, no, noooo....I'm going to keep going b/c I have to. I have a loving husband and 2 beautiful daughters to live for. But, thank you so much for the advice!!! I truly to appreciate it!!

So, there's nothin wrong with a challenge....it gives me motivation =) And if I don't hit 30lbs by 12/25/11....well, as long as I bust my tail trying...I'm sure I'm going to look fly anyway, kmsl!