Anyone else trying to lose weight to TTC??

Options
Anyone else want to lose weight to start trying to conceive?
I am. We plan on TTCING at the end of this year our second baby - our first is already 33 months old, so I am nervous about it. I want to lose 12 kilos.. here is hoping

Anyone else?

Replies

• hanface1984
    Options
    I am!!

Lol no idea where to start or how i am going to stick to it but i really want to do it this time! Am fed up of see pics of myself and thinking urrrgggh what a fattie!

x
  • houzkat
    Options
    My husband and I are hoping I can be in a healthy BMI to conceive in the spring
  • AniyahsMommy324
    AniyahsMommy324 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am! :)

My daughter is 6 months, and my boyfriend and doctor want me to lose 20 pounds before we concieve again so that my body is a little bit healthier!

I'm down 4 pounds so far. I've been counting calories every day (which I think has helped me the most because I'm a lot more concious of what I eat) and I've been doing strength training in my arms and I have an exercise bike I just bought today.

Feel free to add me if you want :) You can do it! Just use your future baby as motivation!! :)
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep! I need to lost 30 or so pounds before we TTC which I am still undecided on at the moment. Our first will be 2 next month and we finally agreed to try after our wedding in 5 months but now I'm not so sure if I'll be ready by then but definitely within the next year! Good luck losing and TTC, feel free to add me!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    We are planning on TTC our third and final. We went through a lot of fertility treatments to get our second and I gained a lot of weight from all the hormones. I really want to lose it before I start trying to have a third, just incase we have to go that route again.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a successful pregnancy until I lost 30-40 lbs. Otherwise I've been through almost all of the IF treatments possible and I'm not going to repeat that.

I'm already lower than my pre-preggo weight and I hope to get to 150 before we really start TTC and that will probably be around the end of the year.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
  • sj111
    Options
    I am too. We have been trying for nearly a year with no luck so far. I have an underactive thyroid which does not help but my doctor has ensured me that I am now on the right dose of thyroxin. I am hoping that losing some weight and having a healthier life style might help. And if not, at least I will feel a bit better about the way I look. I have gained at least 21 pounds in the last 2 years since our wedding!

Good luck everyone :smile:
  • sassyN1989
    Options
    I am trying to get down to 140 lbs and stay there for a little while and then TTC. Good luck with all your goals.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm down around 18lbs so far, with about 10lbs to go! My husband is deployed to Afghanistan right now, but once he gets home we are gonna try for #1. We have had fertility issues and the doctor told me I absolutely had to lose weight before my husband got home. So here I am, and hopefully by this time next year Ill be expecting #1 =]
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    While my fiance and I aren't TTC right now, we would like to in 2-3 years. I would like to lose about 40 more pounds by the time we want to have a baby, both to have a healthy pregnancy and to be able to keep up with a baby and eventually toddler. I figure that it's not too early to start losing the weight. Plus, I'm getting married in July, so I obviously would like to lose some weight before my wedding.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So, I've met and maintianed my goal weight and now my husband and I have gone into TTC mode.... I have a son already who is turning 2 in 2 weeks and I can't believe I'm crazy enough to do this AGAIN! So I have a question that I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be and I'm asking to not be judged harshly.
    I'm not familiar w/ TTC since my first one was a happy accident...so I was wondering.... when you're trying... when do you start acting like you are preggo? I'm pretty sure that everyone's going to say yes... if ur planning on getting preggo, don't drink, don't take NSAIDs.... but is that how everyone really does it?
    In other words... does everyone say... okay, I'm ovulating, my husband and I "tried" and I want a glass of wine or Advil sometime w/ in the next 2 weeks... but I "just say no" since I don' t know if it "took"? I think I remember that inplantation happens a bit after conception and my logic would be that this is when what I take into my body will affect the fetus... but I don't obviously want to risk any harm to my possible pregnancy...
    What do you ladies do?