ECA Stack?

Options
Hey Guys,

a friend of mine ( participant in the Mr.Olympia pageant) suggested I start taking the ECA stack (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) to boost my workouts. After doing some research, I see that it is effective, but it seems rather dangerous. I'm torn between wanting to get in shape in the fastest way possible, and wanting to get in shape the right way..

Any body out there know anything about this eca stack ? efficiency? side effects?

Thanks guys !

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Researched heavily, done it for awhile, I wouldn't add the Aspirin.

Not something I condone, but if you're used to caffeine it isn't too bad.

Start low, work your way up and don't go longer then a few weeks.

It's super cheap and very little different the OTC weight pills.

They're primarily 200mg doses of caffeine.

Just be safe and smart about it.

Again , I can't say 'do it' cause not everyone handles it well.

That being said, I do 24mgE 200mgC 2-3x daily when I'm cutting.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I tried it when I first started trying to lose weight. 2 months.

Unless you like your heart RACING randomly and a complete lack of sleep, I'd recommend skipping it. Just glad it didn't kill me.

I've found that eating a sensible diet and being active is the way to go. Call me crazy!
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO THIS!!!

I've tryed
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Sounds like a heart attack in a bottle to me...
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between wanting to get in shape in the fastest way possible, and wanting to get in shape the right way..

There is no "Fastest Way Possible" to get OUT of shape....so you shouldn't aim for the reverse to be true the same. You don't see an olympic gymnast go to bed and wake up looking like a Biggest Loser Contestant.

The ONLY true way to make a lasting change is to change the lifestyle which caused the individual to get out of shape in the first place...in other words...change years of poor nutritional choices and inactivity.

You can make the change you want...but even if you look for quick fixes, if you don't change the lifestyle, you'll end up right back where you started.

Do things the right way, educate yourself and your body, and achieve lasting results you can be proud of. There are no short cuts.
  • mruszaj
    mruszaj Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ha, it does sound like a heart attack in a bottle huh ? I've heard of the symptoms of a racing heart and lack of sleep and what not. perhaps you guys are right, maybe im better off just making a complete life change. but you guys know that as human beings were always looking for shortcuts...guess there is no shortcut here, just gotta commit huh :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Ha, it does sound like a heart attack in a bottle huh ? I've heard of the symptoms of a racing heart and lack of sleep and what not. perhaps you guys are right, maybe im better off just making a complete life change. but you guys know that as human beings were always looking for shortcuts...guess there is no shortcut here, just gotta commit huh :)

absolutely :)
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If you're in the US, it's pretty hard to get ephedrine now. I've tried. Thank you meth dealers!

I've used it a few times over the years and it works pretty well FOR ME. But it's quite dangerous for some people, so don't start it lightly. I can't recommend it because many people have such bad reactions, but as kiwi says, if you try it start very slowly and go up.

That said, if I could get ephedrine, I'd go back on the ECA stack now - but that's ONLY because I already know it's not going to kill me. You don't know that.

I found that it was very important to maintain the proper ratios between the three components. Failing to do that causes the speed-like symptoms others are describing. The hardest part about that is eliminating all other sources of caffeine - even too much chocolate throws it off.
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    OMG. Second line I laughed so hard! I never thought about it in this way before, but you're right... when you put this way it sounds absurd!

I'm torn between wanting to get in shape in the fastest way possible, and wanting to get in shape the right way..

There is no "Fastest Way Possible" to get OUT of shape....so you shouldn't aim for the reverse to be true the same. You don't see an olympic gymnast go to bed and wake up looking like a Biggest Loser Contestant.

The ONLY true way to make a lasting change is to change the lifestyle which caused the individual to get out of shape in the first place...in other words...change years of poor nutritional choices and inactivity.

You can make the change you want...but even if you look for quick fixes, if you don't change the lifestyle, you'll end up right back where you started.

Do things the right way, educate yourself and your body, and achieve lasting results you can be proud of. There are no short cuts.
  • mruszaj
    mruszaj Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    youre right, pure ephedrine is difficult to get. my friend recommended buying something called "bronkaid" which is an over the counter bronchitis medicine which has a high dosage of ephedrine . but ya, quick fix ..
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    youre right, pure ephedrine is difficult to get. my friend recommended buying something called "bronkaid" which is an over the counter bronchitis medicine which has a high dosage of ephedrine . but ya, quick fix ..
    That's got 400mg of Guaifenesin, which is a pretty high dose. Not sure how that would affect the ECA stack, and I wouldn't want to take that much of it long-term. Thanks for the rece, though
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love a good ole fashion ECA stacker! I take bronkaid and get the caffine from a natural source. It rocks, it works and I love it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i've used it, and unless you're obese you don't need to add aspirin in to the stack. it's greatest benefit is prob the appetite suppressing effect
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I used T5 capsules which is something like 60mg ephedrine 200mg caffeine and aspirin. When I couldn't get the capsules I used 2 X 30mg eph 4 X proplus and half an aspirin. It was great at first but then I found I became more and more tense and irritable and
    I had problems with blood pressure . Steer clear from them
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    ECA is safe an effective when used properly, assuming you are already in good health and tolerate the components well. It's effects are not very pronounced though, and it won't make a noticeable difference for most people (probably a pound or so a month tops). It is a lot safer and better researched than stuff like oxycut, which contains 1,3DMAA (basically a modified amphetamine molecule). If you are at the point where this matters, an alpha-2 inhibitor is probably going to be much more useful, and you can't safely combine the two.