Going to LA County Fair...

Options
And i need some healthy eating suggestions!

I have no fear of eating all the the bad stuff... deep fried heavens know what, or other extreme calorie bombs...

But I do have a tendency to not eat until I find something appropriate.

So... What have you had, and would suggest to another calorie counter that is being sold at the LA County Fair? How much did you pay? Was it a reasonable value, or more enjoyable as part of the whole fair experience?

That way, I can plan on being in the area it is sold when I am ready to eat.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Lucky

Mind you, I plan a hearty and healthy breakfast before I even get there.

Replies

• Luckybss
    Options
    ok, my first trip to the fair was a bust as far as food goes! And i havent yet brought back any food suggestions for any of you.

But fear not, i go back a couple more times next week, and i will make a second and third attempt! Will report as i learn anything! Still hoping others might wanna kick in some info...

thanks,
    Lucky
  • Luckybss
    Options
    Here is a list of options featuring salads at the fair. If anyone would like to weigh in with an opinion... it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise i will check out some prices at these location on Wednesday of this week.

Company Name - Food Item Description - Location , Space number

EDDIE'S NEW YORK EATERY - ANTIPASTO SALAD , CAESAR SALAD, CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD & -GREEN SALAD Building 4 , 4322

EDDIE'S CUCINA ITALIANA - ANTIPASTO SALAD, CAESAR SALAD, CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD Flower Building , 2500

MARIA'S ITALIAN KITCHEN FOOD - BBQ CHICKEN SALAD, CAESAR SALAD, ITALIAN SALAD, SALAD, Broadway, 2400

RIB RANCH - CHEF SALAD, CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD Broadway , 2313

ENZO'S PIZZERIA - CHICKEN SALAD, SALAD Carnival 520

MEXICAN FOOD - FRUIT SALAD Pepper Street 1656

MEXICAN FRESH FRUIT - HAPPY SALAD, FRUIT SALAD & SALAD Plaza de las Americas , 1974

Lucky
  • mita2161
    Options
    I went to the OC County Fair when it was here and the only thing I ate was a funnel cake with fruit on it. Which wasnt bad beacause I thought I was going to eat everything including the deep fried butter. lol
  • Luckybss
    Options
    lol, good job Mike! i tend to not eat good stuff, if i dont plan on being near something better for me.. This time... i wanna be prepared!
    Lucky
  • Luckybss
    Options
    i was back at the fair, and i checked in on most locations that i listed before...

Sad to say, one of the better deals financially was at the MARIA'S ITALIAN KITCHEN...IF you go on FRI, SAT or SUN since there is a $14 all you can eat pizza and pasta buffet! Doesn't help the waist line, but definitely easier on the wallet than most of the other fair fare.

Other than that, at Maria's... look to spend $9-15 dollars on a chicken caesar salad... i kid you not.

EDDIE'S ITALIAN to be found in building 4... oh they had 3 different salads to choose from. The antipasto looked great and cost $10.58, a mixed green salad at 5.52 small or 8.74 large and a chicken caeser salad for10.58. They had a lot of other stuff that looked incredibly tempting and as a group of four, we all split an order of their garlic puffs... and all loved them! Roasted garlic and olive oil with it, yum.

RIB RANCH only had one salad offering, Chicken Caesar for $8.75. i didn't see it, i confess that they had other stuff on my menu that i lusted after, so i had to leave (temptation thy name be.... McDonald's Rib Sandwiches! which Rib Ranch will serve you)

Over in the back of the Mexican village right next to the stage where you will seemingly always be serenaded by mariachis... there is a fruit stand where you can get bionicos, jugos and a fruit salad as well as something they call a Happy Salad. That little treat includes jicama and cucumber, i don't know what else. But either of their salads will run you $5.

Now the last bit i have to mention is that at the front of the Mexican village there is a vender selling Mexican food, right next to the blue tunnel... They had a few healthy and interesting offerings if you like seafood! Ceviche, and shrimp cocktails (8.50) and seafood cocktails with shrimp, octopus and god knows what else! i think those cost up to 9.50 if you like seafood, or high protein low fat options.

OK, i confess, i didnt stay on the perfect diet for the day, it was a bit of a cheat. But i did much better than i had in the past, and i came out under calories once i added in all the walking we did today!

lucky