Calorie adjustment

Hi, I'm confused. Every time I exercise or do an activity MFP calorie adjustment takes away calories. I'm allowed 2041 at the start of the day, by the end, I'm allowed about 700 less. I'll be like a stick insect if I follow this. Connected to Garmin Connect.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Do you wear the Garmin all the time, or only while exercising? MFP is adjusting your calorie budget based on your actual energy expenditure (as reported by Garmin, accuracy varies). If you put a higher activity level in the guided setup than you actually are, the app will adjust your calories down because you weren't as active that day as you told MFP you normally are. You can disable negative adjustments in your settings or disconnect the app from Garmin and just manually record your exercise calories burned.
  • misiubear75
    misiubear75 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi
    I'm just starting out and noticing this issue as well. It's not really consistent with proportion of bonus/credit calories for exercise done. Some days I get less than half the bonys calories for 5x the steps taken. I really wish I understood why.
    Maybe I just have to avoid the bonus/credit calories. :(