Need Motivation? Look here. 27 pounds gone for me and 40 for

Options
I've posted here before but I know everyone loves to see actual photos of progress and to know that it can be done. I did my measurements again the other day and have officially lost 16 inches of fat off of my body! Look at my blog for a post on how we did it - link is in my signature. On Easter 2011, I saw a video of me and was shocked. This is the video that motivated me to lose the weight. Today I watched the video for the first time since April and wanted to share the progress pictures. I took pictures of us from the actual video so they're not as clear as I'd want but you can definitely see the difference. I am a mom to four kids ages 5,3,3, and 21 months. My husband runs a restaurant and goes to school full time. Trust me, if WE can do this, then YOU can do this!!!

The left is Easter 2011 at 154 pounds. Right is September 22nd, 2011 27 pounds and 5 dress sizes smaller.
photo11.jpg

Left is my husband Easter 2011. Right is July 2011. 40 pounds and 6 dress sizes smaller.

photo10.jpg

Replies

• lauren2390
    lauren2390 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing!!
    I'm jealous of your tummy. My belly button frowns at me. No really...it is sad all the time. :(
    What work outs do you do???
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    You have no idea how happy I am to see pictures detailing the success of people in this site. I am so going to continue. I am inspired.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • GreenTea703
    Options
    Congrats to you both, my wife has lost 27 lbs. Its good to see the couples on here, it cant be a life style change without effecting those around us.
  • zookeeperjess
    Options
    You both look amazing!!
    I'm jealous of your tummy. My belly button frowns at me. No really...it is sad all the time. :(
    What work outs do you do???

My stomach is actually pretty road mapish looking and my belly button is stretched where I used to have it pierced once upon a time before kids! I do Zumba 4 times a week for 1 hour each day! Here's my new stomach, you can see it's not perfect at all!

photo12.jpg
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You both do look amazing, and thanks for the link to your playlist for the zumba videos! I had to drop the class I was taking because of my full time job (outside the home and here at home :) I just didn't have enough time to drive 1/2 hr each way. I can't believe I didn't think of that before it's so easy just crank up the speakers and make the computer full screen instant zumba class in my own home.
    Congrats again and much thanks for the motivation you are so strong for being able to do all that you do and still maintain your health. Blessings to you and your family :))
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow! I read your blog and it's so inspirational and informative. Thank you for sharing. Great job to you and your husband!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Way to GO! Easter pictures were my wake up call as well. except I didn't do anything about it til the 4th of July... You & your husband look great keep up the good work :)
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What a hot couple you are!! :smile: Also ...
    Left is my husband Easter 2011. Right is July 2011. 40 pounds and 6 dress sizes smaller.

LOL!
  • dlei456
    dlei456 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing!!! You guys look great!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    you both look amazing!!!
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Lady.. you're an inspiration!!!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thank you xx
  • lbb05
    lbb05 Posts: 14
    Options
    Jess you both look AWESOME! that zumba is really paying off!!!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My stomach is actually pretty road mapish looking and my belly button is stretched where I used to have it pierced once upon a time before kids! I do Zumba 4 times a week for 1 hour each day! Here's my new stomach, you can see it's not perfect at all!

photo12.jpg
    Your belly button looks better than mine! lol I have the "road map" problem too. I have 3 kids that "wrecked" me. ha kidding. I've been thinking of trying Zumba for the Kinect. You've inspired me. :)
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You both look awesome!

My belly button looks just like yours LOL. Post-piercing-and-babies and all. I have a few more stretch marks, though. Twins will do that to a momma belly!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • bethany68
    bethany68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow you are such an Inspiration. I have bad knees too and I am so scared to start running. The last time I tired running my knee began to swell so I stopped. So the C25K didnt cause any knee swelling at all?
  • zookeeperjess
    Options
    Wow you are such an Inspiration. I have bad knees too and I am so scared to start running. The last time I tired running my knee began to swell so I stopped. So the C25K didnt cause any knee swelling at all?

Surprisingly, no. I have bad knees too so I was scared of that. But it may, if running hurts your knees. Zumba doesn't hurt my knees at all either.

Thanks everyone! I never thought I would be here so it's amazing to be where I am. Just know that you CAN do it!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your loss Zookeeperjess
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!