Just wanted to check in

Options
Ltlgrey59
Ltlgrey59 Posts: 5 Member
Good morning everyone!! Things are going fine for now. I'm not very good at starting conversation, but I wanted to check in.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    Good morning. :)

How is it going with logging food?

Losing weight was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I lost 80 pounds back in 2007-08 and I've kept it off by logging food, learning about nutrition and stepping on that body-weight scale.

You can do it too. Keep checking in, study your FOOD log like your life depends on it - because it does.

Welcome to the forums. Keep reading.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,515 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear this @Ltlgrey59 !

Every journey begins with a single step. I sincerely hope you’re with us for a long long successful time.

Don’t worry about being shy. I would stare at your feet if I met you in person, but have no qualms about yacking online. 🤣
  • Ltlgrey59
    Options
    Good Morning! About 8 years ago I lost 60 lbs, but after I went back to work I eventually put it back on and more. I have osteoarthritis in both knees and back. So it is hard to get around. I tried to lose weight last year but wasn't able to as it is hard to do things like I used to. So now I went in to see the doctor about having the surgery so I can lose the weight and hopefully able to do things again. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
  • MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too am having a hard time getting around because of so much excess weight.
    I encourage you to just focus on tracking food to get started, and keep reaching out for support.
    What kind of surgery are you considering?
    Ciao
    Karen from Seattle
  • Ltlgrey59
    Options
    Good Morning Karen! It is a metabolic surgery. It is the Gastric bypass (RYGB). I am praying that this will help me get back to doing some things like I used to.
  • MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Ltlgrey59 Best of luck with surgery. I have a consultation scheduled at the end of the month with Bariatric surgery center. They do 3 different types of procedures. I want to learn more, but I’m really hesitant about side effects after. However, I do know if I don’t lose a significant amount of weight soon, I’m going to have the terrible side effect of a heart attack or stroke. I already have diabetes and high blood pressure, so surgery might. R a good option. Keep me posted
    Cheers