What to snack on?!

Options
I Love to snack, or have smaller meals thoughout the day. Snack isn't the right word. I just get bored of having the same thing, so I need some ideas. For SNACKS and small meals. What do you all do. I always need a break half way through work and like to eat something light. So I can last between lunch and dinner.

I love Brie and Apples, or laughing cow cheese and apple (or a wheat seseme cracker)- high in fat, but it keeps me satisfied until next big meal.

Nuts and fruit are good. (i have a small container with craisins and almonds sometimes)

Pretzels, but in small moderation I do.

I just bought unsweetened prunes (dired) so has some sugar, but one or two is good for a sweet tooth for me.

Any ideas on your favorite?! And are these snacks bad hahaha

Replies

• kerri007
    Options
    try red peppers. i actually just found them pretty sweet
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    Hummus and baby carrots, 100 calorie popcorn, Sugar Free Werther's Originals Candies, FROZEN GRAPES. those are my favorite haha
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I love veggie chips or veggie straws to snack on. 1oz is 130 cals. Also small yogurt parfaits, yoplait makes small ones with granola that are 110 cals
  • Sandra59
    Sandra59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Natural microwave popcorn

OR
    Trail mix
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like to make things with squash or other things, like meat balls, or spegehtti, pudding...anything that you can cook and then put it in mini muffin tins or bigger and freeze them, the bag them for later us...then you will always have a single size serving of whatever you love, good and bad!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    FROZEN GRAPES

mmmhmmmm
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I would think they are bad if you are eating so much of them that you are going over your calorie intake.

Some snacks I recommend, of course, is fruit-orange, peach, blueberry, banana, strawberry. H20 Muscle milk water grapefruit flavor-holds me over till my next meal because of the protein, string cheese, 1/2 peanut butter sandwich and you can add bananas on it, random flavors of instant oatmeal with 1/2 the water the instructions call for-therefore it's very thick and feels like a small snack rather than a big cup of oatmeal-try cinnamon apple, cinnamon, brown sugar, etc. The cinnamon apple feels like you are eating warm apple pie! It's got bits of dried apples in it. Yum!

Depending on what is in your trail mix, trail mix can have a lot o calories in a very small serving!
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    about half of my food diary is snacks, none of them over 100 calories :D sorry in advance for the long list:

-celery (cream cheese optional)
    -carrot sticks
    -edamame
    -grapes
    -trader joe's pear sauce IT'S AMAZING
    -del monte pears in water
    -reduced fat string cheese
    -light babybels
    -light yogurt
    -sugar free jello
    -sugar free jello pudding
    -trader joe's reduced guilt pita chips (these are more because i'm in love with them, rather than their low calories)
    -gerber graduates lil crunchies
    -sugar free hard candy
    -rice or popcorn cakes (strawberry cream cheese optional)
    -fiber one brownie
    -45 calorie toast (possibly with sugar free jam)
    -weight watchers chocolate fudge bars
    -rice dream ice cream bites
    -light n crisp wasa cracker (cheese optional)
    -hardboiled egg
    -salted or cocoa-roasted almonds
    -100 calorie popcorn bags

that's all i can think of at the moment D:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    string cheese or pb. Both are great sources of protein. Or carrots, which will fill you up with lil calories.
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I LOVE frozen blueberries!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    freeze-dried fruit or veggies! Gives the crunch that I am looking for and tastes yummy
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    carrots and celery are my favs. Also peanuts are filling in small amount.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    4 oz. of baby carrots and/or 1 oz. of my favorite cheese are good snacks for me.
  • MARI1010
    MARI1010 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump......
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of hardboiled eggs, celery hearts, jicama, cucumber, green bell peppers and apples!