My fall workout goal!

Options
For my fall workout goal, I have decided that I want to be able to pass the U.S. Army physical fitness test... see the standards here... http://www.army-fitness.com/ ... Once I reach "passing" level, I will aim for 100% level.. My biggest problem will be the pushups... I still can't even do ONE real pushup :/

I plan on combining this with the Men's Health Belly Off nutrition program, which will see a dramatic increase in my protein intake.

Replies

• cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    bring it on lol........good luck! I want to try that diet!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It's fairly simple.. For daily calories you eat 10x your goal weight, (ie, for 190 lbs you eat 1900), and you eat 1 gram of protein per current point of body weight, (so 190 g of protein for 190 lbs)

Of course if I am doing the workouts I may have to adjust and eat more than this.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    For my fall workout goal, I have decided that I want to be able to pass the U.S. Army physical fitness test... see the standards here... http://www.army-fitness.com/ ... Once I reach "passing" level, I will aim for 100% level.. My biggest problem will be the pushups... I still can't even do ONE real pushup :/

I plan on combining this with the Men's Health Belly Off nutrition program, which will see a dramatic increase in my protein intake.

I could not do any until I started TKD, now I can do hyndo press ups!! You can do it! I have been thinking of doing the Marine Challenge next October!! xx

Found this for you hope it helps xx Good luck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dzo-H0Oqls
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that video link! :)
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Great goal! I have no doubt you will achieve and surpass all your goals!

Go for it :)
  • hayescarmen364
    Options
    Push ups are hard to do and in the Military, either Army or Marines its a two count. When I was in bootcamp for Marine Corps when we first did PT there we started with 5 Pushups which really was 10 pushups. I think we ended up doing about 200 the first day all together but What helps if you want to pass the Army test is the Army Physical Readiness test. It has a bunch of workouts and if you have a Iphone you can download the app for free. It has videos and some good exersices. I do the MARSOC Workout which consist of 120 regular pushups in the workout Shortcard. My goal is go from 30 pushups to around 70-80 pushups by the end of October. Good Luck!
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    push ups can be tough. I can only do about 10. When I started, I did one, then dropped the reps to my knees, or slant board. The next day, I think I did three and repeated the drill up to the point of 10. Come to think of it I should push on to do more. Thanks for the reminder. I hope you meet your goal.