Help with apple watch

Options
Hi, I have my Apple Watch set up and get a few steps from it each day. With workouts do I need to Record a workout on my Apple Watch or do I just do nothing? I don't want to accidentally overeat my calories.

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    When I use my Apple Watch for exercise I select an exercise from the workout app on my watch, I can select walking, elliptical, yoga, cycle, dance, etc. that starts the exercise and the health app should log it into MFP for you at some point in time after it syncs. I find my watch doesn’t pickup and start an exercise for me automatically, it’s based on my heart rate so if I’m waiting for my exercise ring to fill itself I’m gonna be waiting a log while. I can’t remember if I selected the workout choices from the watch app at start up though… you may need to make changes in your phone if you don’t have those options in your watch.
  • gabrielle6947
    gabrielle6947 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I use my Apple Watch for exercise I select an exercise from the workout app on my watch, I can select walking, elliptical, yoga, cycle, dance, etc. that starts the exercise and the health app should log it into MFP for you at some point in time after it syncs. I find my watch doesn’t pickup and start an exercise for me automatically, it’s based on my heart rate so if I’m waiting for my exercise ring to fill itself I’m gonna be waiting a log while. I can’t remember if I selected the workout choices from the watch app at start up though… you may need to make changes in your phone if you don’t have those options in your watch.

Thanks for your reply, mine is a series 7 I'm just worried about overestimating exercise and thus overeating as I know some people choose not to track their exercise with any fitness tracker on here

• AppleFitnessfan
    AppleFitnessfan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have MFP set to Lightly Active. And only eat back some of the calories that were recorded from my Apple Watch Ultra. I haven’t had any issues maintaining my weight using this method.