? about this site

Options
Do you really lose at the rate it says you will with the calories it says to eat?

Replies

• hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have lost more, but I also work out. I have 2 friends that started out not working out, just following the suggested calories and such, and they both significant weight wo working out. Everyone is different tho!
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My calorie allotment for the day is 1200, if I go over with that I end up gaining! So I definitely think it is on sync with what you need to be eating/exercising
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    many people do, but personal differences can change the outcome.

you need to really be honest though, log in each item you eat, even if it is just half of a soda or a third of a burger, they add up. try and measure your portions as accurately as you can, it is easy to underestimate.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    yes, its worked for me. I stalled out for a couple of weeks before and people do hit loss plateaus that are difficult to overcome, but as long as you stick with it and log accurately and exercise you hopefully will see weight loss results that average the computed loss rate by MFP. I've actually lost more than the pre-determeind weekly rate.
  • sweetly_spicy
    sweetly_spicy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Depends on which ticker you are counting. I lose the specified "1.5" pounds a week that I chose when I specified my starting weight, daily activity, and goal amount lost. I do not lose at the rate it says I should be losing when I click the "Completed" for the day.