What type of diet have you had the most success with ?

Options
Optional poll

What type of diet have you had the most success with ? 24 votes

Keto
45% 11 votes
Low Fat
16% 4 votes
Vegan
12% 3 votes
Intermittent Fasting
25% 6 votes

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    yeah, this is a calorie-counting based website.

It doesn't matter particularly which foods I eat and the timing of it as long as basic nutrition needs are being met and I stay within a range of calories suitable to my desired weight.

Protein, fat, fiber, fruit and vegetables...eaten at any time of the day or night.

I do think it's important to get enough sleep and to limit stress as much as possible. Exercise is also an important factor.

The food part is not that complicated. I eat the food I like in the portions that fit nutritionally and calorie-wise.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,942 Member
    Options
    Keto and IF
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting for the win!
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Really, none of the above. I just watch my calories and eat basically what I want in correct portion sizes for me. I do generally intermittent fast because of my schedule, but not for the diet.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    A whole food, higher protein omnivore diet works for me.
  • Sylebration
    Sylebration Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've done this twice now. The first time I really struggled and it was so hard to shed any weight. This time I'm armed with more medical knowledge(of myself) than I had before and I've switched to vegetarian, low fat. This time I feel like it's a lot easier. It also has a lot to do with treating some underlying illnesses. But, I do feel like I feel full on less calories and stay full longer. I also have a lot more energy. So, I'd say this is what works best for me. But, it's not just for a short time, I intend to do this for the rest of my life.
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting...no other restrictions.

All of the above will work so long as they are done with a calorie deficit. Some people find it easier to stick to their deficit by using one of the above methods but for me having the freedom to choose any food I like so long as it falls within my calorie budget works best for me.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting, plain and simple.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    calorie counting
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The "eat fewer calories than I burn" diet has been my go to.
  • thesawyerbunch
    thesawyerbunch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has ever truly worked for me is counting calories. I have tried other things, and depriving myself of things that I enjoy just isn't for me. A lot of those fad diets, are way too restrictive, in my opinion.