Weekly Challenges Until Christmas- Week 1

Options
Hi,
I'm new to MFP, and wanted to join a long term challenge and am noticing that most are closed. Therefore, I'm creating my own that will be open for anyone to join whenever.

Challenge Information:

Start Date: Friday, September 23rd
End Date: Friday, December 23rd
There will be weekly food and exercise challenges posted every Thursday, that will start the following day on Friday.
Weigh-in day will be every Friday.

To join, just reply to this post with your start weight, goal weight for the end of this challenge, fitness goals or any other goals and anything else you want to share.

SW: 130
GW: 115
Fitness Goals: Lose bodyfat while maintaining muscle, exercise regularly, and not obsess over the number on the scale.

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE: This week I thought it would be good to focus on water intake to flush out any bloating or water retention due to excess sodium etc.. I know I've been eating badly for the past 2 days and feel really bloated as a result. I also think this week can be a good time to try to make exercise a regular thing. So,

Food challenge: Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water a day.
Exercise challenge: Exercise 3-5 times a week, it doesn't matter what kind, just try to make it a habit that will last throughout the challenge and hopefully longer.

Looking forward to meeting you, feel free to add me as a friend and/or message me with weekly challenge ideas.
:wink:

EDIT: It would be great if everyone could make their food diaries public. It could help us be more accountable, also we could get ideas on what to eat from one another, or if anyone has a question about food or what to change or why he/she hasn't been losing weight, we could look through the diary and help find a solution to the problem by suggesting alternatives.. What do you think?

Replies

• stickycaramel
    Options
    Start Weight: 135
    Goal Weight: 120 (I think)
    Fitness Goals: be able to run 30 minutes
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I've been on MFP a while, but never joined a challenge. I think it's time.

SW 206 lbs
    CW 175 lbs
    GW 150 (ish)

I just want to be back where I remember feeling GOOD!

Oh...

And welcome to MFP :)
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    What if I'm still a little uncomfortable putting my weight?? Can I still join in?
  • rwetzel319
    Options
    SW: 144
    GW: 125 by christmas
  • alaina_anderson
    Options
    What if I'm still a little uncomfortable putting my weight?? Can I still join in?

Of course you can, but I don't think you have to be uncomfortable, there are people of many shapes and sizes on here and I can't imagine anyone judging you. I believe everyone here is to help and have the same goal: to look and feel better.

That being said, if you are still uncomfortable, perhaps you can report every week with how much you have lost, rather than an actual weight.
  • MJLPAA
    MJLPAA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started and want to participate but am not yet ready to put my weight out there for all to see.
  • alaina_anderson
    Options
    I just started and want to participate but am not yet ready to put my weight out there for all to see.

That's ok.. Maybe you can tell us how much you would like to lose just until christmas and report weekly with how much weight you have lost the previous week. As long as you're headed in the right direction.. that's what it's about.
  • paulagj
    paulagj Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey! would love to join, although I probably won't be able to check in as often during Nov because I'm getting married...yaaayyy!! But once I get back from the honeymoon, this will help me to whip my butt back into shape.

SW: 135.5
    GW: 130 by Nov 1
  • alaina_anderson
    Options
    Hey! would love to join, although I probably won't be able to check in as often during Nov because I'm getting married...yaaayyy!! But once I get back from the honeymoon, this will help me to whip my butt back into shape.

SW: 135.5
    GW: 130 by Nov 1

Congratulations!! and hope you have a great honeymoon :)
  • mountiewife
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'd LOVE to join in. I've been on here for almost 2 weeks....this may be the perfect group to whip me into shape by xmas!!:)
    SW-180
    CW-177
    GW-145(but I'll say 157 for xmas..just being realistic!!)

I would like to be able to run a 10min mile!!!!
    Can't wait to meet you all!!!!

Sandy
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

Of course you can, but I don't think you have to be uncomfortable, there are people of many shapes and sizes on here and I can't imagine anyone judging you. I believe everyone here is to help and have the same goal: to look and feel better.

That being said, if you are still uncomfortable, perhaps you can report every week with how much you have lost, rather than an actual weight.

AWESOME! I am in! :o] I will probably get more comfortable and put my weight but until then I will put my weight loss!

My weight goal is to lose 10-12lbs by Dec. 23rd
    Fitness goal- start to like running again! I will run at least 3x/week
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    SW: 141
    GW: 130
    Fitness Goals: Exercise six days a week, tone muscle and lose the gut!

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE: This week I thought it would be good to focus on water intake to flush out any bloating or water retention due to excess sodium etc.. I know I've been eating badly for the past 2 days and feel really bloated as a result. I also think this week can be a good time to try to make exercise a regular thing. So,

Food challenge: Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water a day.
    Exercise challenge: Exercise 3-5 times a week, it doesn't matter what kind, just try to make it a habit that will last throughout the challenge and hopefully longer.
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    I'm in...
    SW 168 lbs
    CW 163.4
    GW 140
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 284.5
    CW: 274.5
    12/23 GW: 252
    Final GW: 155
  • alaina_anderson
    Options
    Just checking in:
    I didn't drink enough water and didn't exercise but ate well and kept moving all day babysitting my niece..

How is everyone else doing?
    And was wondering.. are any of you vegetarians, pesca-vegetarians or vegans on here?
  • mountiewife
    Options
    I'm doing good so far:) Been getting in my water no prob, several dates with my treadmill:bigsmile: My problem is the meal part, finding it difficult to figure out what to eat!! It's sooooo hard when you have 3 kids who are picky eaters, so I'm trying to keep them happy as well. I will be weighing on Monday cause that's supposed to be my day, but then I'll do it again on Friday and continue with Friday weigh ins! Good luck to everybody this week!!!!
  • stickycaramel
    Options
    I have such a hard time getting in my water. But, today I just bought a water bottle that has a filter so I can get water from a fountain and drink it without a problem.
    I'm pretty good on working out.

And yes. I am vegan.
  • tamiwinters1
    Options
    I just joined myself and would love the encouragement. I find that if I have to be accountable to others I do better. Good luck everyone!

My start weight is 155
    My goal weight is 130
    My goal weight by Christmas is 135
  • chi88
    chi88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in....

SW:197
    CW:188
    GW by 12/15: 168

Fitness Goals: To make a habit of working out, changing up my workouts, and increase my strength level.