How do you react to random friend requests on MFP?

Options
serpentegena
serpentegena Posts: 42 Member
So I recently got two friend requests from people I didn't know. Both accounts were very recent, they had nothing in common with me and I tracked back through my old posts on here and none of the two previously engaged with any of my posts. I rejected both requests. But I'm so curious, though! What is up with that? What do you guys think? And do you ever get random friend requests on MFP?

How do you react to random friend requests on MFP? 8 votes

They are kindly new MFP users looking to make new friends! I know, I accepted them and we're BFFs now
0%
They are lost and clicked on your profile by accident
0%
They are ruthless catfishing pirates looking to part fools with their money. Can confirm, I was the fool
0%
I get random friend requests all the time, and accept all of them so I can flaunt my flawless beach body on my MFP feed
25%
R3d_butt3rfly_ElMeroKeeQue 2 votes
I get random friend requests occasionally and accept them to feel loved and to counteract my lack of self-esteem
0%
I've got better things to do than check MFP friend requests
50%
cwolfman13nossmfserpentegenaMyFitPalBro 4 votes
Other
12%
PAPYRUS3 1 vote
None of the above
0%
Minnesota!
12%
PaperDoll_ 1 vote

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Was it a profile of a sloth hugging a giraffe doll? Yeah I'd reject too .
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Minnesota!
    lx1x wrote: Β»
    Was it a profile of a sloth hugging a giraffe doll? Yeah I'd reject too .

Same πŸ˜‚
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    I delete them. I don't really have a friend list here so I'm not really interested in becoming friends with anyone
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I usually give them a chance and then delete them if they turn out to be creepy. The nice people have far outnumbered the icky ones. I do wish people would take time to fill out their profile, though. Those requests always make me wary, and I have refused some of those. Depends on how long they've been on MFP. Occasionally I go through and cull inactive people from my friend list. Not much point in having them if they never participate.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I get random friend requests all the time, and accept all of them so I can flaunt my flawless beach body on my MFP feed
    Well contrary to my vote, I don't spend enough time on here to get that many friend requests anymore. When I was super active in the forums I'd get them all the time. Not anymore. I do get a few random here and there and they're usually connected through mutual friends and I accept a few but that's only because I've noticed how they interact and if they don't annoy me then I'll add lol πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    I average 1-2 friend requests per month. I just click accept to all, then click on their photo list. If the pics are inappropriate, I remove them. If the person fills my newsfeed with spam, tons of photos (once in a while is fine, but some people post dozens per day), or offensive posts, I remove them. Takes seconds to remove somebody, no big deal.

As far as activity on the newsfeed, I click "Like" when somebody posts about losing weight or exercise burning more than 200 calories, both showing they're making actual effort towards their goals. I never bother looking at journals or posting verbal "attaboy's"...that's why I come to the forums.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's probably been 10 years since I've accepted a friend request. In my early days I was more likely to send a friend request to individuals on here who had some of the same interests and goals as me...as time went along I started getting friend requests and usually just accepted them, but at some point it just became unmanageable to interact with that many people and I wasn't particularly good about interacting with the friends I had made requests to in the first place so I just bagged the whole thing.
  • lx1x
    Options
    Well contrary to my vote, I don't spend enough time on here to get that many friend requests anymore. When I was super active in the forums I'd get them all the time. Not anymore. I do get a few random here and there and they're usually connected through mutual friends and I accept a few but that's only because I've noticed how they interact and if they don't annoy me then I'll add lol πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

FR sent

Oh wait.. nvm. πŸ˜†
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I usually give them a chance and then delete them if they turn out to be creepy. The nice people have far outnumbered the icky ones. I do wish people would take time to fill out their profile, though. Those requests always make me wary, and I have refused some of those. Depends on how long they've been on MFP. Occasionally I go through and cull inactive people from my friend list. Not much point in having them if they never participate.

...... exactly just how creepy ??

B)

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I delete all.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

FR sent

Oh wait.. nvm. πŸ˜†

Hope you're enjoying my flawless beach body 😏
  • lx1x
    edited June 2023
    Options

FR sent

Oh wait.. nvm. πŸ˜†

Hope you're enjoying my flawless beach body 😏

Umm...well yeah.. πŸ˜‰

Just don't tell Mel..

Oh wait.. too many Mel's here.. πŸ˜†. Gonna go back lurk now.πŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈ