Why don't I get notified on the app when tagged?

Options
When someone tags me using the @ sign, I never get notifications on the app. I get notifications for other things (daily logins, etc) but not when I have been mentioned specifically. Interesting that I do not get the daily login type notifications when on my laptop but I do get ones when I have been tagged. After being away from my laptop over the holiday weekend, I came back to 19 notifications that people probably figured I was just ignoring them.

I have checked notification settings and I can't find anything that specifically controls this. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,185 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The simple answer for this is that our forums use a different system than the rest of MyFitnessPal, so currently forum notifications don't push into the app/rest of the website. We're definitely looking into amending this in the future, but for now it should not be expected that your forum notifications appear in your notification inbox in the app.

Answers

• paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    The app is the only place where this is a problem.

When I am on the website/laptop, someone can tag me in a Community forum and I see the notification no matter where I am (home page, community forum, etc).

When I am on the app, I never see those notifications. Someone can tag me in a forum and even when I am on the same page as where the tag originated, I won't see the notification at all.
  • paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    @durden Guess I will attempt to tag here since the system thinks this one is already answered.

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,185 MFP Staff
    Options
    The app is the only place where the Notification Inbox I mentioned exists; so i'm not entirely sure what you mean by being able to see forum notifications on the web homepage. To my knowledge we don't offer that as a feature.

If you're not able to see your forum notifications while on the actual forum in the app- that would constitute a bug. We'd be happy to look into that further if you'd like to create a support ticket, but that's not something I am able to troubleshoot with you via this Discussion thread.

To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com