ive hit a plateau

Options
ive hit yet another plataeu! My first one was in march - june. I didnt loose a single lb! although i was working super hard, gym every weeek, cardio workouts 3 days a week and strength the other 3 whilst i was gyming it every tuesday night. then from june onwards i was loosing the lb's again! :) but ive realised by looking back at my records of my weight i keep in notebook of mine, ive been stuck at the same weight now since end of july! Its only today that ive lost 1lb!

anyway, carry on with the story, my mum went to visit my nan yesterday. my nan was asking how i was getting on with my weight loss, and mum was like well sophia has been stuck at the same weight now since end of july although she is working really hard, eating plenty of fruit n veg, she goes jogging at night etc. and still nothing is comeing offf her! my nan replied - 'the best thing to do when at a standstill is to go a whole day without food and just drink lots and lots of water!, and the weight will start comeing off again' so anyway mum told me this, and i was like right ill give that a go!! its now 12:30pm over here in the UK and ive not eaten anything since my tea last night which was about 5:30pm. Im now on my 4th bottle of water, and belive it or not, im not actually hungry at all! This water is sure filling me up!

Just wondering has anyone else tried this?! Or is this really bad for the body and wont help at all? or will it even cause weight gain?!

Bareing in mind TOM visited me yesterday for the first time in 6 months. soo will this have effect on it?

Thanks in advanced

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This Tom fellow sure does get around ;) Seems like he has been intimate with every woman on this site :D
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Never heard of that method. Usually when I hit a plateau, I take a rest day and eat more than I normally would and that seems to work.
    Do you have PCOS? Cause not having a menstrual cycle is one of the symptoms, as is difficulty losing weight.
    Also even if you havent lost weight, are your clothes looser?
    Just curious.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    This Tom fellow sure does get around ;) Seems like he has been intimate with every woman on this site :D

haa! he is a pain in the *kitten*! but i dont understand how he's visited me now all of a sudden and has been to see me since march. goodness nose why im at yet another plateau! oh welll =/
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Never heard of that method. Usually when I hit a plateau, I take a rest day and eat more than I normally would and that seems to work.
    Do you have PCOS? Cause not having a menstrual cycle is one of the symptoms, as is difficulty losing weight.
    Also even if you havent lost weight, are your clothes looser?
    Just curious.

Ive been to the doctors, had plenty of tests done, i was in and out for the results and everything is fine, doctor says because my bmi is in the obese category and because im tall and still young i will have irregular periods. but he didnt say anything about hitting a plateau, although he knows im loosing weight as he keeps my records when i go for regular visits like.

And yes my clothes are feeling alot looser! a size UK 16 jeans, whether their stretchy or not dont fit me, there too big but then a size UK 14 are a tad too small. soo im constantly in joggers! which is rather annoying lol!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

Tell me about it but he is a real stayer he last for like 6 days at a time! lol :devil:
  • wendytungate
    Options
    I've found, when I hit a plateau, the best solution is a change... eat different food (we all get bogged down in a routine and end up eating the same thing), do different exercise or no exercise, just shake things up a bit. Remember though if you are exercising a lot then your body needs more fuel, if you don't eat enough it will go into starvation mode and you will lose nothing!!!!
    Good luck and remember to look how far you have come rather than focussing on how far you have to go. :-)
  • xSophia19
    Options

Tell me about it but he is a real stayer he last for like 6 days at a time! lol :devil:

he also makes you feel bloated, sluggish and overall *kitten*! :angry:
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I've found, when I hit a plateau, the best solution is a change... eat different food (we all get bogged down in a routine and end up eating the same thing), do different exercise or no exercise, just shake things up a bit. Remember though if you are exercising a lot then your body needs more fuel, if you don't eat enough it will go into starvation mode and you will lose nothing!!!!
    Good luck and remember to look how far you have come rather than focussing on how far you have to go. :-)

well im going to not eating anything todayy, and go back to normal healthy eating and excercising tomorrow. i will change my excercise routines up and eat soemthing a little different for my snacks and meals. and seee what the scales have to say about it in sunday :D thankyou for you help!