I lost my motivation

Options
I got to losing the last 7ilbs to reach my short term goal, and I lost it. I can't find it anywhere. I've not put 7lbs back on and need to lose 14lbs to get to my short term goal.

How do you stay motivated?

Replies

• mydaughterrockz
    Options
    Hi, I stay motivated by photographing myself once per week. Nothing fancy on my weigh days I snap a picture of my problem areas and compare it to the week before. This really keeps me going :)
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I tend to focus day to day and week to week, basically one pound at a time. If I have a bad day then the next morning I make sure I start off with a healthy breakfast and keep going. As for working out I signed up for group classes (scheduled time, date and instructors to make you accountable) its more expensive but it makes me show up rather than skipping the gym.

good luck!!
    Mel
  • MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good Question. I lost mine also. Started out a year and a half ago and lost 30 lbs. Maintained that for about a year. Fell off the wagon over the summer and have not been able to drag myself back up onto the wagon again. Now I have gained back 15 of those lbs.. My friend and I at work decided to start on Monday as sort of a challenge for each other. I am going to do the 17 day diet and she is going to do WW and weigh again in 17 days to see who lost the most. Even that has not motivated me much, I am not real excited about it It's not like when I first started out a year ago where I had all kinds of motivation. I was down to 175 from 210 and am now back up to 190. Clothes are starting to get very snug and I threw out every bit of my bigger clothes. I will see how the next 17 days go. If you want, you could join me. Weigh tomorrow and let me know your weight and then weigh again in 17 days and see how we do. If anyone else wants to join in that would be great also. To make this challenge a little harder we will not weigh in to see how we are doing for 17days..no peeking until the 12th of Oct.
  • richardholt2011
    richardholt2011 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Small goals, one day at a time. If you go to bed healthier than when you got up, you have achieved something really worthwhile.
  • JosephineClare
    Options
    Good Question. I lost mine also. Started out a year and a half ago and lost 30 lbs. Maintained that for about a year. Fell off the wagon over the summer and have not been able to drag myself back up onto the wagon again. Now I have gained back 15 of those lbs.. My friend and I at work decided to start on Monday as sort of a challenge for each other. I am going to do the 17 day diet and she is going to do WW and weigh again in 17 days to see who lost the most. Even that has not motivated me much, I am not real excited about it It's not like when I first started out a year ago where I had all kinds of motivation. I was down to 175 from 210 and am now back up to 190. Clothes are starting to get very snug and I threw out every bit of my bigger clothes. I will see how the next 17 days go. If you want, you could join me. Weigh tomorrow and let me know your weight and then weigh again in 17 days and see how we do. If anyone else wants to join in that would be great also. To make this challenge a little harder we will not weigh in to see how we are doing for 17days..no peeking until the 12th of Oct.
    Hey, I like this idea. Is there a thread for it on the forum somewhere? If not you should start one, I'll join deffo. The 17 day challenge.
  • JosephineClare
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the answers. They are all helpful and have given me something to think about.

Today was a good day and I've so far managed to keep to my calorie goal....But it's only half 6 in the evening here. It's the late night snacking that's been m weakness over the last few weeks.
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think wanting to fit in your clothes should motivate you, do you have the money to buy bigger clothes? Get up, get moving, you can do this. Only you can help you the most. We're here to help you but you need to help yourself. What re you waiting for? Goon get going!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Small goals, one day at a time. If you go to bed healthier than when you got up, you have achieved something really worthwhile.
    Thanks for this^^^^ I will put it on my bathroom mirror. Simple yet elegant. :smile: