5'3" and under calorie poll!

Options
I am stuck trying to lose the last few pounds and I wanna know what's working for us shorties! Please participate in my poll by pasting the below questions and answering them! Thanks!

Your height:
Current weight:
Goal weight:
Daily calorie goal:
Do you eat exercise cals?:
Are you losing? At what rate?:

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Your height: 5'2"
    Current weight: 133.5
    Goal weight: 125-130
    Daily calorie goal: 1200
    Do you eat exercise cals?: Yes, but usually not all of them.
    Are you losing? At what rate?: When I behave, I am. One pound per week, or less. I've been bouncing between the same couple of pounds (133-135) because I misbehaved with the alcohol calories.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Your height: 5'2
    Current weight: 134
    Goal weight: 126
    Daily calorie goal: 1350
    Do you eat exercise cals?: about 75% back
    Are you losing? At what rate?: about 0.5lb/week
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Your height: 5' 2.5"
    Current weight: 175
    Goal weight: 135
    Do you eat exercise cals?: YES
    Are you losing? At what rate?: YES. I have lost 60 lbs. since 1-1-11 and have 40 to go til initial goal. I lost at the rate below:

11.4 lbs. JANUARY

8.6 lbs. FEBRUARY

9.1 lbs. MARCH

5.7 lbs. APRIL

5.4 lbs. MAY

4.6 lbs. JUNE

8.2 lbs. JULY

1.4 lbs. AUGUST

5.6 lbs. SEPTEMBER (so far)

60 lbs. TOTAL (so far)
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    your height: 5'4
    Current weight: 143 i'm guessing approximately either abit below or above (ive been eating like a pig lately)
    Goal weight: 110-116
    Daily calorie goal: 1200 on MFP
    Do you eat exercise cals?: yes most of the time but not all the calories around 75% because i'd want to eat more :)
    Are you losing? At what rate? i was losing at a fine rate not fast or slow! it;s just that it takes time to gain/lose weight but now ive been binge eating for 9 days almost gained 2 pounds im guessing !!!!!!!!!! but i will hopefull start an actual diet to get back on track

goodluckk exercise more to tone up it usually is more important to exercise more and eat less in your case.. i think you've reached a plateau .... google it really!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    Your height:...............................................................5 ft even
    Current weight..........................................................139
    Goal weight:...............................................................120-125
    Daily calorie goal:......................................................depends
    Do you eat exercise cals?.......................................also depends on how many i burned, and if i am still hungry at the end of the day
    Are you losing? At what rate?:..................................not this month..i have managed to maintain this month, and i am aggrivated, as i DO switch things up every other day or so, but i have temp plateaued..generally, on average, i manage to lose about 5-6 lbs a month
  • jencute
    jencute Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    height: 5'3"
    cw:112.8
    gw:107
    daily calorie goal: I just switched it over because I'm taking a little bit of a breather so tis 1700 right now but before it was 1200.
    I usually don't, and if I do its not too much.
    yes, I am losing. I couldnt tell you the exact rate but I was 113 when I got to school Aug 22 and last week I was 112.8. In the beginning of the summer I was 117.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 2"
    Weight: 120
    Goal weight: 120
    Daily calorie goal: 1500 (I manually set this. My maintenance is actually 1600, but I wouldn't mind fluctuating between 115-120, so I set it a little lower).
    Daily calorie goal when losing last 5 pounds: 1400
    I always eat all my exercise calories, and about once or twice a week I would go over by a 100 calories or so. I was losing at a rate of .5 pounds a week. Sometimes, about .3 pounds a week, if I went over calories more often.
  • jessicaklessig
    jessicaklessig Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Height 5' 3"
    weight 170
    Goal weight 115-125
    Calories 1399
    Eat exercise calories ? No not usually but occasionally do have bad days ,trying to cut out a lot of sugar.
    weight loss - Usually 1-2 lbs per week ( If I dont eat a lot of sugar or splerge )
  • ryanfeltz
    Options
    height 5'3
    weight 165
    goal 140 ( for a first goal and then we will see)
    Calories 1200

I do usually eat my exercise calories
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    Your height: 5'1''
    Current weight: 115.4
    Goal weight: 102-105ish
    Daily calorie goal: 1280 most days, about 2000 once a week
    Do you eat exercise cals?: Some. I don't burn much or have a strict exercise regimen, so mostly I just estimate it. If I go swimming an hour I'll eat an extra slice of bread with peanut butter and a banana or a tuna sandwich, but I don't keep close track of it
    Are you losing? At what rate?: Yup, and I've never plateaued since starting 4 months ago. I regularly lose a pound a week, even though it's set to .5 a week to get 1280.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Your height: 5ft 3 & 3/4 !
    Current weight: 124.5
    Goal weight: 122
    Daily calorie goal: 1400 NET
    Do you eat exercise cals?: YES
    Are you losing? At what rate?: Yes 0.5 - 1lb per week have lost nearly 20lb since May :)

Great post by the way!
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Your height: 5´ barely an inch!
    Current weight: 161
    Goal weight: 130
    Daily calorie goal: 1200-1400
    Do you eat exercise cals?: Sometimes I eat part of them...
    Are you losing? At what rate?: 101 lbs in 14 months..
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Your height: 1.60m
    Current weight: 54.5 kilos
    Goal weight: 57 kilos (already made it & right now my current goal is to have that ripped & bikini ready body & a body fat% of 18)
    Daily calorie goal: 1630 (I'm on maintenance stage already)
    Do you eat exercise cals?: only 20%
    Are you losing? At what rate?: YES but I hoping that loss is from fat & not from muscle because I want to have that "ripped" body
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Your height: Just over 5'2
    Current weight: 59kg (129.8 lbs)
    Goal weight: 51 - 52.5kg (112 - 115 lbs)
    Do you eat exercise cals?: Yup, but only around half to compensate for potentially incorrect calorie counts. I tend to hover around 1500 cals on most days.
    Are you losing? At what rate?: Yup. 0.5ish kg (1 lbs) a week. I've lost 4kg (9 lbs) since I started tracking my weight loss with MFP (started the last week of July).
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Your height: 5'3
    Current weight: 195 lbs
    Goal weight: 145
    Daily calorie goal: 1600 on the days I workout, 1200 if im not.
    Do you eat exercise cals?: Yes but not all of them since the calorieburn is a bit inaccurate.
    Are you losing? At what rate?: Yes, about one lbs per week.
  • arianrhod82
    Options
    Your height: 5'2''
    Current weight: 115 lbs
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Do you eat exercise cals?: yes, but not all
    Are you losing? At what rate?: Usually 2 weeks losing and then staying the same for 2-3 weeks and then losing again around 0.5 - 1 lbs depending on my stress level
  • tishpickle
    Options
    Current weight: 217
    Goal weight: 130-140
    Daily calorie goal:1200
    Do you eat exercise cals?: yep, mostly
    Are you losing? At what rate?: Yes - I have lost 44 pounds previously with this but had fallen off the wagon until about 2 weeks ago. I have just weighed myself and I have lost 1.76 this week.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 125.9
    Goal weight: 122
    Daily calorie goal: 1380 NET - I got this amount by changing my goal to "lose .5 lbs per week" which, ironically, has helped me lose more than .5 lbs per week.
    Do you eat exercise cals?: Depends on the day. On average, I eat half of my exercise calories back in case something is miscalculated. But there are definitely days (Saturdays especially) that I eat all of them.
    Are you losing? At what rate?: Yes I am losing! I plateaued once for a few weeks after losing about 10 lbs, but before and after that I steadily lost 1 pound every 10 days or so. And honestly I think that the plateau was caused by stress in my personal life. I started at 139 in May, and I am now down to 125.9!
  • nicki2135
    Options
    Your height: 5'3"

Current weight: 154

Goal weight: 120

Daily calorie goal: 1250

Do you eat exercise cals?: no, but i am thinking about starting to eat half after reading this poll

Are you losing? At what rate?: lost 5lb in 4 weeks
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Your height: 5'3"
    Current weight: 135
    Goal weight: 135
    Daily calorie goal: 1500
    Do you eat exercise cals?: yes, up to 1900 calories total
    Are you losing? At what rate?: on maintainance