Help i dont know how to get back on track

Options
So i lost 20 pounds over the summer. and over the summer i was really dedicated to losing it i had so much inspiration. but now that school has started and im focus on making the honor roll and clubs this year. I cant find time to diet. if anything it makes me hungrier and makes me snack more than usual. i keep trying to start my diet again but i just fail. is there anyway you guys know to help inspire me to get back on track permenantly. i really need your help . i dont wanna go back to the way i used to be.
Thanks to all the people who help me,
love Kayla :smile:

Replies

• nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey Kayla,
    I am struggling with a similar problem, I am a school teacher and when I was on summer break I had no prob staying under calories that were recommended on here. One thing that I have done is refused to let what i am doing be called a diet, because it is not a diet, it is a a choice to live a healthier lifestyle and MFP allows you to track those healthier choices. Also when i am feeling like I have not been making wise choices at work, i make sure that when I am packing my food the night before or in the morning, I just make sure I can't make those poor choices. The key for me is planning. I have to have a plan so that I know what I expect of myself in regards to food and working out. I am not sure if this will help but it is what has helped me.
    Naomi
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Focusing on school and making good grades is just as important as a diet so don't worry too much if more of your time goes towards that. Focus your "diet" on simply maintaining/not gaining and making healthy food choices. Healthy food will help fuel your brain and body and therefore help you with school. If you need to fit in exercise, try doing 15 minutes before and after school and a bit more on the weekend.

Being healthy is incredibly important but doing well in school is just as important for your future! Good luck!
  • StephW1990
    Options
    I find myself struggling sometimes as I am on maternity leave and find myself sat with nothing to do at times, but I find looking through peoples success stories really inspires me and helps me to get back on track. The weight many people have loss just through MFP is definitely inspirational .. Good Luck !!

Feel free to add me and I'll try to help you out too :) MFP friends are very helpful as well :flowerforyou:
  • Linybean
    Linybean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla, I agree with Naomi...it sounds like you just need to do a bit of planning to help you stay on track. Pack your lunch the night before or find healthier alternatives if you eat out. A little research will help. I'm a school teacher as well and I stash a couple lean cuisines in my mini fridge at the beginning of the week so I know I have something healthy when lunch time comes. I would suggest also talking to your friends to see if they will help support you. You never know, some of them might be wanting to make healthier choices too! Good luck to you!
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question. I too am just where you are except the numbers down and then up are larger. I am going to heed the advice given here to make a plan. I am in charge of what I buy and what I fix even if I feel like I am not. You know already that you can do this...now lets just do it okay? You are smart to put school and things related to it first because that is your future but now you are in the real world again..what is your real world you will have to make the changes. Sit down and view the planning for the week maybe as homework. Get it over in one sitting for the week and follow that plan. Dont do as I have been doing and let eating become something done on a whim or setting myself up to no choices. (fast food) You have your whole life ahead of you..make it wonderful in both areas. Good luck..you CAN do this!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Planning is definately thr key. Make up your dinner and snacks, and don't take extra money so you can't buy junk. Lol x
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. It's all about planning! Pack a healthy lunch the night before that you can grab in the morning. I am a teacher so I'm in the school setting all day, and this has been key for me. Last year I never made time to make my lunch, unless we had leftovers I could bring, and I ended up buying school lunch almost everyday. Not good for weight loss at all! Also, pack snacks to eat throughout the day. Eating small snacks throughout the day is good, because if you come home starving, you are likely to eat a big portion of something that isn't that good for you! Good luck; you can do it!
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I plan a lot in advance and pack everything! If it's not in my bag, I don't eat it (mainly :p)

I also find the best thing is not to beat myself up about the slip ups or bad days/weeks that I have as that just leads to me wanting to stress eat anyway! You did really well over the summer so try to see this as a continuation of it, I really struggled after my summer break too but if I can get back on track I've no doubt you can :) Hang in there!
  • kirsty0911
    kirsty0911 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla,
    Nothing different to add. I think planning is the key too!
    - Pack your lunches/snacks and try to stick to just eating those
    -I enter my whole days meals in the morning and then alter it last thing at night. That way I know how many calories 'spare' I have if I want a treat etc. Also, by doing this, I find you are more likely to stick to what you entered in to MFP and not just graze on anything
    -Remind yourself how well you did over the summer, you want to carry that on!

Best of luck!