My daily goal ...

Options
Hi all :bigsmile:

My daily calorie goal is 1360, I'm struggling at the moment to reach this :indifferent: . As MFP suggests 1200 is a must, if i just eat this will it be ok ? Sometimes ill eat 1100 and something, is this ok too ?? I just don't want to not be eating enough and go into starvation mode. Eating the amount I am at the moment however is filling me up and I'm not being hungry throughout the day !!

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    isn't it wonderful? I sometimes have a hard time eating all my cals too- they say eat some nuts or peanut butter. You can also try a protein shake - for 100 calories or so, I use milk or ice cream
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    "Starvation mode" exists when you have a daily calorie deficit of somewhere between 500 to 1000 calories. (The science has a range of findings) MFP takes the most conservative position at a 500/day calorie deficit as a max. With this in mind, I would say trust your body. You can adjust your goals on the site to what ever works for you.
  • monetsf
    monetsf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think everything is relative to your own body; I find that the goal of eating 1250 is too much for me as I don't tend to lose till I am eating less than that. You really need to see what works best for you. Keep in mind that once you have reached your goal, you will still need to eat a similiar amount of calories for maintence, meaning that you will have to keep it to circa 1560. Also as you lose weight you will need to cut more, thus eat the amount now so that when you hit a plateau you won't have to dive down so deeply. I would love it if I could lose weight eating 1360 a day, enjoy it! Perhaps add more cardio to your day? :
  • daves160
    Options
    Try eating 5-7 times a day. Even id you are not quite getting calories you are supposed to, this will keep you body working and digesting, and it wont start trying to conserve calories.