Anyone tried hoodia appetite suppressant?

Options
Just wondering if anyone's ever needed a little assistance sticking to their calorie goal, I always do, only twice in 4 months have I gone substantially over at two birthday parties but it takes a LOT of will power not to stuff my face some days and I was just wondering if hoodia is any good at helping people stick to their calorie goal? My will power is strong by itself just trying to enhance it!

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I tried it several years ago and I don't recall any great success with it. If I remember right, they were these huge green horse pills and you had to take 2 or more before every meal. i really felt like I could have gotten the same effect just drinking the glass of water needed to choke down the capsules. lol
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I just read this article... If you eat dirt, it helps to suppress your appetite! Plus, think of all the extra iron you will get!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If you do try it take only the 100% all natural stuff straight from South Africa, not the Americanized reproduced crap.v
  • evendeadlier
    Options
    I tried it a few years back, unfortuantly it didn't work for me, i have tired a number of 'slimming' pills in the past, nothing works like a healthy diet with a heap of exercise thrown in.
    Just looked at your profile and you have achieved loads already, keep doing what your doing!
  • jupaba
    Options
    I have never used any form of drug for losing weight. The fact is if you can't learn to control the binging while losing you won't control it after you reach your goal weight. Perhaps talk to someone about the reasons for the lack of "will power to stuff my face" as you put it. Those of us with weight to lose have to train our bodies to be satisfied with what it needs rather than what our brain wants. I will be the first to admit it isn't easy and I have days (even have had a week or two) that were not at all successful. Good luck :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    if I feel hungry between meals I eat something - fruit or something healthy. I wake up starving but other than that, my appetite isn't out of control. Water & frequent meals help.
    I really don't believe in supressing one's appetite, IF you feel hungry and you're not filling up on junk that's usually a sign from your body that you ARE hungry.
    Eat lots of veggies with meals, beans esp fill you up between meals
  • edward1973
    Options
    I tried it a couple of years ago - i remember for a month it worked quite well stopped feeling hungry all the time and had trouble finishing meals, then after that they stopped working.

Made me remember theres no such thing as a magic pill
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    No, it scares me. :( But, darnit, sometimes I really wish I had the guts to try something.... Most of the time though, I'm happy to just do it all on my own. The only thing I've ever tried are Slim Quick drink mixes. I was going through a rough patch with my appetite (aka bingeing) and thought I could really use something to suppress it a bit. My parents and I talked it over, looked at every single ingredient listed, and decided that since it was only vitamins, green tea extract, and a bit of caffeine, it couldn't hurt to try a box. I can't really say that they work though, because I didn't take them every day like suggested. But, oh man did they taste good! Lol. So, my point is, if you're going to try an appetite suppressant, do your research! Look up reviews (and don't skip over the bad ones!), read all the ingredients, talk to your doctor, etc.