Potentialy ignorant but sincere question!?lol!

Options
2»

Replies

• AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    A very clever friend of mine once told me that if I did plateau, simply to up my exercise a little and be patient, and there was no need to start eating more! The extra exercise will jump start things.
    Remember this is a marathon not a sprint. I was frustrated at first that I was exercising and eating right and losing only 1lb a week but now for me that is awesome. In less than a year I'll be my goal weight!
    Do whatever feels right for your body and you, there are many "experts" who will tell you what to do, but all our bodies work in different ways and what works for some doesn't always work for others.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    kapeluza - Thanks for posting that article. I was one of those people who was holding onto my weight by that process, though completely unknowingly because I wasn't counting calories and was eating foods that were not calorie dense. Once I started counting calories and realized how little I was consuming, I upped my intake. I don't like the way people throw around the advice to "listen to your body" all the time. For a heck of a lot of us, if we were listening to our bodies in the first place, we wouldn't be where we are, and now they're so damaged that they tell us the wrong thing. Sure, my body was telling me it wasn't hungry when I was eating 800 calories a day, doesn't mean it was getting what it needed to be healthy.
  • Tracyrocksss
    Options
    Thanks, Miss Sassy! Continued success to you!! And YESSSSSSSSSSSSS-exactly-- I am trying to see this as a LONG HAUL...a LIFESTYLE--and nto a sprint....and I think for me to be int he right mindset myself, if I DO ever reach a plateau, I may need to try several diff thigns to see what works best for me...:)xoxoxo
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    kapeluza - Thanks for posting that article. I was one of those people who was holding onto my weight by that process, though completely unknowingly because I wasn't counting calories and was eating foods that were not calorie dense. Once I started counting calories and realized how little I was consuming, I upped my intake. I don't like the way people throw around the advice to "listen to your body" all the time. For a heck of a lot of us, if we were listening to our bodies in the first place, we wouldn't be where we are, and now they're so damaged that they tell us the wrong thing. Sure, my body was telling me it wasn't hungry when I was eating 800 calories a day, doesn't mean it was getting what it needed to be healthy.

If all of us HAD actually listened to our bodies, we would not be in this situation....we would have stopped eating when our bodies told us we were full!!!! :)