Hey everyone!

Options
I’m Kimberly and today is Day 1!! A little over 5 years ago I had what should have been a simple surgery. Four surgeries later, I’m worse than I was when I walked in and I’m now disabled with CRPS, neuropathy, DDD… Let’s just say things have been difficult! While I have absolutely no control over my situation or the never ending battle with Social Security Disability, I can take control of my weight. It just started to pile on. Without being able to walk for very long and the chronic pain from my CRPS, I’m extremely limited when it comes to any type of exercise. I feel like my only option is to cut as many calories as I can. I’m hoping it’ll work. I’m just not comfortable in my own skin anymore. Anyway, I’m glad to have found this today and to have found all of you as well!! Wish me luck!

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,293 Member
    Options
    This is a reallt good place. If you dig and dig and dig eventually you'll find a group of people that learned good coping skills for CRPS, ways of working through SSDI problems, controlling weight creep, feeling comfortable in their own skin.

It's all here, though not served up on a platter, you have to consistently preserve.

I'm glad to meet you on day 1.
  • bleuchez
    bleuchez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    much good luck and good wishes
    hope the fitness fairy visits you with special health treats
  • Nathawesome
    Nathawesome Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck!!! You got this!
  • mamoore8220
    mamoore8220 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wishing you much luck in your weight-loss journey. I, myself, have been struggling with CRPS since 2018. My weight truly ballooned in 2020-2021 when I spent 9+ months on high doses of steroids. I am just now getting my CRPS under control and started to lose my "steroid" weight. I know the pain you are dealing with so I wish you all the best!