Battel Won! War continues.

Options
I went to my Dr. Saturday and showed him my FreeStyle Libra logs for the last months and my My Fitness Pal reports and... He discontinued my insulin!
It was sure nice to tell the pharmacist I did not need that refill on Lantus!
I am still on Metformin (so the war goes on), but my blood sugar is not even pre-diabetic at this point!

Tracking with My Fitness Pal was a bit part of this success.

Long way to go before I hit all my goals, but this was a HUGE win for me.

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,072 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Congratulations! That's FANTASTIC!
  • Lightbeamer
    Lightbeamer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I look forward to the day my doc says it's too much and takes me off the Januvia, and U500 insulin. With the way things are going, all I need to do is lose another 10 to 20 or so pounds. He and his previous dietician put me on 90 units of insulin twice a day, with correction for meals, and Januvia 100's to be taken once at night. I was a mess, then when I got the liver fibrosis diagnosis, it gave me energy to get back what I lost in 2004. I lost 100 pounds then. Now I *will* beat them both. I will not stop until they are gone.

Congrats on getting motivation to stop what could have been a dire situation! Bravo!
  • jsmestflowers
    jsmestflowers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I look forward to the day my doc says it's too much and takes me off the Januvia, and U500 insulin. With the way things are going, all I need to do is lose another 10 to 20 or so pounds. He and his previous dietician put me on 90 units of insulin twice a day, with correction for meals, and Januvia 100's to be taken once at night. I was a mess, then when I got the liver fibrosis diagnosis, it gave me energy to get back what I lost in 2004. I lost 100 pounds then. Now I *will* beat them both. I will not stop until they are gone.

Congrats on getting motivation to stop what could have been a dire situation! Bravo!

/CHEERS! You can totally do it!

• JCisthewaytruthlife
    JCisthewaytruthlife Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing! Great job! Keep it up. I'm sure your doctor was very pleased.
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations!
  • StarryNight37
    StarryNight37 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great news!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    dang man, what a HUGE success. I'm so proud of you!
  • jsmestflowers
    jsmestflowers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing! Great job! Keep it up. I'm sure your doctor was very pleased.

LOL yeah, but my Dr wont be happy till I am a vegetarian :) He is a vegetarian in denial! I told him that and he said "Oh no, I like a hamburger as well"
    I said "Ok Dr. Ha, when was the last time you had one"
    His response "Well, it has been a couple of weeks"
    We got a good laugh out of that.

Thank you for your kind words!

J
  • kseymore1922
    kseymore1922 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!