need help....

Options
i've been using this site for about 15 days....and i am trying to count calories...but every night i go and eat a chocolate and sweets....lots of bread.....help me please to stay motivated...is it ok if i eat someting like this:
breakfast: nestle cereals + 125 ml of milk+ 0.25 gr of chocolate just to stay concentraced
Snack: apple and banana
lunch : something boiled .... and no dinner ...... will i lose 13kg by 1st January 2012

Replies

• smashleyt
    smashleyt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new at this also but what I've found so far is that you shouldn't starve yourself or you WILL binge. I don't think you should skip dinner...that may be why you want to eat the chocolate, sweets and bread. Try to stick to the calorie recommendations and don't try to lose over 2 pounds a week or you will most likely gain it back. Just eat things in moderation and you will do GREAT (and not feel hungry)! Add me if you wish, we can keep each other motivated!! :)
  • ConnieSG
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! There is so much support and information on here. If I were you, I would not skip a meal. I would just count down on the portion size. Also, it is better to eat 5 small meals than 3 large meals
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    No it is not ok to eat like that ! The key to losing weight is to get healthy ! Chocolate is ok ... in moderation. It also helps to know what type of chocolate and how much ? Dark chocolate at 70% cocoa or higher and 3 ounces a day is fine. Your choice to skip dinner is a poor choice. With this idea you have chosen .. you won't last two weeks before throwing in the towel or making yourself believe it's not possible. I will send you a friend request and I am available thru messaging to help you get a better grip on what your diet / day should consist of. If you are serious about losing weight for the right reasons ... health related / better lifestyle. I can help you, but if it's a quick loss mindset, eat anything to lose ... forget it. :(
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Don't do that.
    Even if you break even with calories, you are sacrificing nutrition so your body will be hungry for nutrients it isn't getting so you eat more, and more, etc.....
  • pidgy
    pidgy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    dont not eat! your body will go into starvation mode! i know it seems like it should be easier but i am telling you, you will not make progress toward your goal!! i know it seems weird...you think:less calories, more weight lost=easy! really really really i cant stress enough....use one of the basal metabolic rate calculators to find out honeslty what your body will burn at rest if you did absolutely nothing all day but breathe...and calculate your goal consumption of calories to about 15-30% below that (including eating your exercise cals back eack day--thats important) depending on your goal you can easily loose more than 13 by January!!! We need to feed our bodies to prevent them from burning our muscles up for energy---eat to prevent hunger and to live, not as a reaction to hunger....
    sorry i will step off my soap box now :)
  • meversusfatty
    Options
    I agree with SmashleyT that the no dinner thing is probably what is driving you to chocolates at night. In truth, you can eat whatever you'd like as long as you stick to your calorie limit, but I've found these practices to be helpful:

1. Eat dinner no later than 6pm if you go to bed at 10. That way you're still a little active before bedtime and you burn a few of the calories off before you go to sleep.

2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water throughout the day. I hate plain water so I use Crystal Lite or other no-cal flavoring devices to spruce it up.

3. If you want sweets, eat them in the middle of the day and not for dessert. This way, again, you're not sleeping on empty calories.

Good luck with your weight loss goals. It does sound as if you're starving yourself, though, and that's no good. Eat real, good food (boiled - bleh!) and keep within your allotted calories and you'll do fine.
  • Sebnem123
    Sebnem123 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thank you guys...
  • mrsgolfie
    mrsgolfie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Definetly don't skip meals as you are planning...not good! Your body will make your metabolic rate slow down thinking you are starving it!
    Eat all your calories and you will loose your weight, as long as you don't go over very often...
    Good luck!
    Add lots of friends so you can get encouragement and help. People are very helpful here!...Feel free to add me. I'm new here but see it is a great site.