when to be proud?

Options
I was talking to my oldest sister and told her I had been counting calories and so far had lost 10(at the time) pounds. Our other sister has lost 30 pounds doing the same thing. So the sister I was talking to says "well counting calories dosent work for everyone." I was proud of those ten pounds then I suddenly felt like that was nothing to be proud of. I'm at 15 down now when is it okay to be proud of what I've lost?

Replies

• jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Be proud of every pound! You earned it! This person sounds as though they are jealous of your success. Don't let them bring you down!
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!!!
    Be PROUD!!!

I have lost only half that!!!
    Its been a hard battle and I am proud - I am going to be party-mad-crazy-delighted when I manage to meet your weight loss!
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    Be proud of every pound! You earned it! This person sounds as though they are jealous of your success. Don't let them bring you down!

^^THIS!!! BE PROUD, GIRL! If you're losing weight, yoUR DOING AN AWESOME JOB! =)
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Be proud of every pound girl- I am and that keeps me going! Each one is a victory and gets me closer to healthy and feeling good! I have friends who lost 40 in the time I lost 15 and friends who never lost more the 4 lbs so no comparrisions! If you continue to compare to much you can lose heart but compare just enought to keep motivated. I have a friend whom I check in on because she is more motivated to work out most of the time I am feeling less motivated so seeing her 400 cal burns every day just light a fire under me but I do NOT compare myself to the neighbor who went on a crash diet with multiople weight loss drugs and lost 40 lbs in a month. Pick and choose who you are willing to have as a motivator- the one who keeps you going versus the one who makes you feel helpless and hopeless. Good luck!
  • Andiarena
    Options
    NOW!!!!! Way to go!! I've only lost 20, nobody has noticed outside of my family and closest friends who know I'm trying to lose. But I know how hard I have worked to take off every single pound, its a big deal!! By the way, counting calories DOES work, and it kinda sounds like big sister may have been trying to take some wind out of your sails!! Keep doing it, stay focused, and again, be proud of your accomplishment!
  • shonasteele
    Options
    every. damn. day !!!

being proud of what you're doing and feeling good about yourself is what's going to keep you doing it and give you long-term success! keep doing what you're doing and keep being proud of it!!!

if you let sarcasm and negativity take that away from you, you are giving them your power, and now more than ever is the time to own that power and show the world what you're really made of!!! (and I don't mean cake!)
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options

^ This!! Every pound is an accomplishment. Some people just can't see beyond their own jealousy. You're doing great!!
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    It is always ok to be proud of yourself. I think a big problem most of us have is looking to others for approval, and that doesn't always go the way we would like.
    Congrats on the weight loss, and I wish you continued success :smile:
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's okay to be proud whenever you feel like you have accomplished something - and it seems to me that you HAVE accomplished something....you accomplished something the day you decided to do something about your weight and you are accomplishing something every day you decide to keep on doing it no matter if anybody else see it or acknowledge it.

You have the right to be proud - and you should be proud.