You Versus You

Options
I just blogged about a mountain race I ran yesterday. In it, I describe how I could barely run in January to being able to run a mountain race yesterday. I have been admiring the success stories on this board for a long time, and hoping to get there myself. I felt like yesterday's efforts warranted a post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/robincsmall/view/you-versus-you-151391

Replies

• kassied09
    Options
    Wow Good for you! I think that definitely deserves bragging rights :D
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    wow! that is so cool! good job!!!
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes it does warrent a post! Great job!!!
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Your post was well written. You go!

And then go some more!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    You should be shouting it to everyone! Completely awesome accomplishment. :drinker:

I can barely walk at 3mph for a mile or so. :grumble:

Thanks for posting!
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's great and very inspiring.

I feel like I need to give myself a challenge at the moment. I've been working on this since Jan and lost 79bs through good eating, cycling & swiming.

Even though I can comfortably cyle for 20-30 miles and swim non-stop for an hour, the thought of running scares me half to death. I ran about 1.7 miles (if i remember rightly) about 2 months ago for a dare and it nearly killed me. I'd not run for 10 years (not even for a bus).

There is an event coming up next July (http://toughmudder.co.uk/events/scotland/edinburgh-2012-course-map/ ) and i've got my mind set on doing it. As you can see it's 17-18 km plus alot of obstacles.

I keep getting doubts if I should commit or not as it will take some serious training on my part, particularly as running is certainly not my strong point.

You should know that you've inspired me to do this, I'm still not 100% ready to commit but your story has certainly helped me realise that it is possible. I can do it.

Thanks,

Nik
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Definitely deserves a post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!