becoming hungrier the more muscular I get...

Options
So I've lost almost 35 pounds. Yay. But physically I've toned up quite a lot by lifting 2-3 times a week. I notice I am ridiculously more hungry than I was when I was heavier. I realize muscle burns calories faster, so that means I should eat more. I still want to lose five more pounds and I've been at an annoying plateau the last month, so I'm debating whether to give in to the hunger and eat more to lose the weight. I currently eat 1500-1900 calories a day and I exercise 6 days a week. Would splurging to 2000-2300 a day help with this plateau? I probably already know the answer to this question, but I'm just looking for extra advice. I'm really tall too. 5'11" and I'm a dancer.

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I don't see how it could hurt to try it?
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes...eat more! You could play around with the calories some though too - 2300 one day 1900 the next etc.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You may surprise yourself if you eat more.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Please eat more. I'm 5'10" and very muscular as well and eat about 2000 calories a day before exercise AND eat back my exercise calories. Check out the BMR calculator on the fat 2 fit radio site at http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/. It'll give you suggested calorie intakes for different activity levels. You may want to consider re-setting your MFP goal to lose 0.5# per week since you are so close to goal, if you haven't already done so.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Make sure if you eat more to add more protein of course! IT will keep those hungry feelings at bay :)
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Good post and replies!
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    I was on a plateau, increased my caloric intake by about 300 a day and last week, I dropped three pounds. I say give it a try!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Yea, try increasing your dietary in take and just make sure to get the quality of food you need.