Cheating myself

Options
Yup, that's right, I'm cheating myself!

But I don't mean with exercise or what I eat. I really mean, cheating myself.

For instance: We live on the 5th floor. When I go for my walk, I run down the stairs, up the stairs, back down, THEN start my walk. When I'm done, I run up the stairs, down the stairs, and back up. But, I cheat myself, and I don't count myself running the stairs, even though I did. I only count the walk.

Or: I'm on the Weight Watchers system (the old system). I'm allowed 25 points, but I only give myself 24. When I lose and get down to 24 points, I'll only give myself 23. Etc. When I drink a diet soda, even though it doesn't count as a point, I still add a point. If I dip a carrot into some fat free ranch dressing, I still count it as a point, even if you can barely see any dressing on it.

What do you do to "cheat" yourself?

Replies

• docHelen
    Options
    lol...if i cheat and do a bit of exercise that i don't count, i think great i'll have a treat to make up for it...and then i log the treat lol. we are all batty.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much the way I did my whole weight loss plan. I always overestimated calories and underestimated exercise.

Whatever keeps you going in the right direction!!!
  • kassied09
    Options
    I won't count a lot of my exercise, or I will pick food that is a little more than what I ate so my calories look higher, but really aren't. Mostly, I just work my buff off and keep things logged the best I can - but don't count walks that I go on often or any sort of cleaning or anything.
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't trust the calories burned on cardio machines, so I also take off 25% when I log in my workouts.