I need help and friends!

Options
Eagles8080
Eagles8080 Posts: 197 Member
I weighed in today 295. My heaviest of all time. 43 year old male. Six foot three. I am very active in terms of moving and yard work. Have office job. On blood pressure meds. Being fat and high blood pressure not a good combo. :(

Replies

• Kosterc4383
    Kosterc4383 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How long have you been mia? You are a long term member!
  • Eagles8080
    Options
    I have been MIA for awhile now. Need to get back in the game.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.

The "Good Life" of eating and drinking is only good if we're alive, yeah?

You know what to do.
  • Eagles8080
    Options
    Wow. Gee thanks smartass.
  • Sammi_x_
    Sammi_x_ Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Eagles8080 wrote: »
    I weighed in today 295. My heaviest of all time. 43 year old male. Six foot three. I am very active in terms of moving and yard work. Have office job. On blood pressure meds. Being fat and high blood pressure not a good combo. :(

Hi Eagles!
    I know completely how you feel.
    I am 5'2 and was 106kg so 233lbs I think. Was at my heaviest point. It was horrible. I haven't long been in an office job myself. 2 Years in August. Before I was in a manual labor job so was quite active at 92Kg but since coming to a desk job it just piled on.

Slowly I have been making changes. My diet is alot better and I skip rope often for cardio. So far I have lost 7lbs :) As always you know know the basics but just be patient and make slight changes at first to get you back into it and you will be fine.
  • LarryLorenz
    LarryLorenz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The only advice I can give to you is find a diet and exercise that is right for you. Don’t believe in hype diets or celeb diets. You need something that you know you will be able to stick with. Start slowly and build yourself up or you will crash out of your diet. Simply start by cutting 500 calories from your daily meals. Eliminate soda and juices completely. Also clean your house of snacked and research healthier alternatives.
    Healthier doesn’t mean it tastes like cardboard just not as cheesy, greasy or fatty.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hello, Eagles!

I have been "ketoish" diet -- I consider it high protein, low carbohydrates meal plan. I have lost 75 since my stroke. I'm been at 265, 5'7" female -- I got down 250 lbs before the pandemic happened.

I have protein or vegetables. Very little rice or pasta. I don't do sugar (I will occasionally have a cookie or brownie, but I probably build up to that) except for pancakes with strawberries/blackberries/blueberries. I have bread or tortillas (or pancakes).

I'm a fan of Coke Zero Cherry Coke, tea with stevia or monkfruit, lemon and lime in water.

I was at about 330 lbs. I was eating fast food or pizza every night. My portion control was right out of the window. I needed to get full. So not only was fast food or pizza every night, I might get candy bars or fried chicken.

• Szkuda
    Szkuda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eagles8080 wrote: »

Hi Eagles, keep fighting for yourself! I've recently had a surgery and a wake up call at the same time 😂 I was 98kg and was forced at the hospital to do a fasting prior the surgery. Since that day (it's been 6weeks already) I have been doing the fasting 8/16 Every day. Sometimes it's hard to Push myself to fast for 26h so I do 14h but mostly it's 16h. I've started to eat more healthy and I cut my crabs a lot. I eat mostly carbs from the green veggies plus meat, fish and healthy oils. I've lost already 8kg and I'm aiming to loose another 20kg! Good luck on your journey 💕
  • Szkuda
    Szkuda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *16h not 26!