Whole Wheat Pasta and Bread!

Options
WATTZ UP Y'ALL :laugh:

Ok so my coach has me on a strict nutrition plan. He told me I can't eat pasta, bread, and stuff like that. Also he told me to cut red meat out of my life :sad: which I did "not too happy while everyone is eating a good piece of meat I'm eating egg whites with tuna :grumble: " . So I can't even eat whole wheat pasta and bread? I even stop eating corn tortillas, my all time favorite. Its been really hard and I'm just confused because I'm running food ideas to eat and make at home.

Replies

• shaz1786
    Options
    woah.. thats a hard diet!!!!

how much u looking at loosing?
  • lalinzki
    Options
    Tell me about it, but I don't think its forever I just need to get to 10-12% body fat.
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    it depends what is the idea behind the training, since you mentioned coach. Usualy you stay away from these if you are serious body builder or into a profesional sport that is near it. I don't eat pasta just because I find it to have very little nutients for the amount of carbs that is has., kind of like rice which is another waste of nothing but carbs. But bread and red meat, are OK with me as long as you choose the best, bread being whole grain or whole wheat and red meat being lean or when you have your cheat meal you can throw a little steak in there.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Of all the things you listed, the least egregious item is the corn tortilla. You can have two corn tortillas for very few calories and they are whole grain, which is also good. There are a lot of healthy things you can make with corn tortillas, so I would be hesitant to cut them out completely, especially if they are a favorite of yours. Just don't go crazy and eat them every day.
  • lalinzki
    Options
    @ Pangui Thanks, I'll ask coach today when I go to the boxing gym. I know I thought that corn tortillas was good :ohwell: too many different opinions on the matter of corn tortillas. Also when my wife sees me grabbing some she wants me to cook some Chilaquiles/Mexican food, but I can't eat that so I just don't reach for them no more :brokenheart: because if I do and she sees me she wants me to make her some. LOL..

@sixpacking The thing is that I'm running out of ideas of what to eat, I have Whey Protein, Creatine, but my imagination is running out, I was thinking of a whole wheat tuna macaroni salad but it's a no go on that "STUPID MAYONNAISE" :grumble: