Survey Q & A - your experience so far!

Options
Hoping everyone will answer these questions so we can compare our experiences here. Please answer if you use MFP as intended.. logging/counting calories etc.
You can maybe copy and paste the questions to your reply.. thanks!

1. Age
2. Height
3. Gender
4. Start date at MFP
5. Start weight
6. Lbs lost so far
7. Average lbs lost per week
8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed.
9. What is your activity level set at?
10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE?
11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :)
12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it?
13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc.
14. Do you have cheat days?
15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP?
16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)?
17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success?

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    1. Age - 35
    2. Height - 6ft
    3. Gender - M
    4. Start date at MFP - End of April 2011
    5. Start weight - 19st
    6. Lbs lost so far - 48lbs
    7. Average lbs lost per week - 2lbs
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. - Was around 2,000, now 1, 690
    9. What is your activity level set at? Sedentary
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? To hit 1,200 net.
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) - 6 days a week, averaging 800 calories each of those 6 days.
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? Once, at 17st 2. Just cut my calories to 1,200 gross for 3 days, and it started moving again.
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. - No, just normal.
    14. Do you have cheat days? - No. My diet is enjoyable as it is as havent changed it that much, just now in moderation.
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? 99%
    16. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? - Not changing my diet hardly at all. Makes it much more sustainable.
  • jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    1. Age 34
    2. Height 5' 2"
    3. Gender female
    4. Start date at MFP 4/9/2011
    5. Start weight 211
    6. Lbs lost so far 41
    7. Average lbs lost per week 2
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. 1200
    9. What is your activity level set at? sedintary
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? some back
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) 45 min cardo, 15 strength traiing
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? no
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. nothing special
    14. Do you have cheat days? sometimes
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? 7
    16. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? a military program i used gave me the tools
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    1. Age - 28
    2. Height - 6ft
    3. Gender - Male
    4. Start date at MFP - 08/16/2011
    5. Start weight - 117kg or 257.4lbs when I joined - 124kg when I started my weight lose journey
    6. Lbs lost so far - 30.8lbs total or 14lbs since being on here
    7. Average lbs lost per week - Pass about 2.2lbs
    8. Daily calorie allowance - 1690 before anything is added
    9. What is your activity level set at? Couch Potato
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? None as long as I'm above my base rate.
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) Now, 30DS - daily, Cycling - 3times a week, Kick boxing and Jiu Jitsu once to twice a week.
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? N/A
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. None just now, thinking high protein, low carb
    14. Do you have cheat days? Very Few but yes they happen
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? I'm always under even on cheat days, but always above my base.... Tthat sounds bad but its the truth
    16. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? Martial Arts :-D
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    1. Age - 40
    2. Height - 5'4"
    3. Gender - Female
    4. Start date at MFP - March 22. 2011 (although took a few weeks to really get on track)
    5. Start weight - 201.6
    6. Lbs lost so far - 31.5
    7. Average lbs lost per week - 1.18
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. - 1200 the whole time so far
    9. What is your activity level set at? - sedentary
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? - half to all
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) - walking one to two miles a few times a week and 20 min cardio videos.
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? - Not sure what broke it, possible eating more than usual for a couple weeks then getting back on track.
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. - None
    14. Do you have cheat days? - yes, maybe 2-4 times a month I eat one meal of whatever I want.
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? probably 5
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? - Set at 2 but since MFP won't let me go under 1200 it really only allows for 1.5 ish per week.
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? - Cutting out naughty foods like fries etc and being consistant.
  • tegben
    Options
    1. Age - 27
    2. Height - 6
    3. Gender - Male
    4. Start date at MFP - June 5, 2011
    5. Start weight - 305lbs
    6. Lbs lost so far 49 lbs
    7. Average lbs lost per week 3 lbs
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. - 1950 start 1730 now.
    9. What is your activity level set at? sedentary
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? If I am hungry.
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) 6 days a week on the elliptical for an hour - burning roughly 1000 calories.
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? - Nope
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. None
    14. Do you have cheat days? No.
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? 90%
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? 2 pounds.
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? Motivation and tracking food.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    1. Age 55
    2. Height 5'6''
    3. Gender female
    4. Start date at MFP august 2010...feel off the wagon after january2011, returned in late may2011
    5. Start weight 189
    6. Lbs lost so far 13
    7. Average lbs lost per week
    8. Daily calorie allowance - 1300//1270
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back......i do not eat them back ...i was eating them back for two month and did not loss any weight
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? 6-7x week spinning, mostly and 2x week weights
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? by not eating back the exercise calories
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. low carb and portion control and eating very 3 hours
    14. Do you have cheat days? yes
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? 6
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? 1lb
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? logging of foods
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1. Age: 22
    2. Height: 5' 7"
    3. Gender: F
    4. Start date at MFP: August 31, 2010
    5. Start weight: 162
    6. Lbs lost so far: 15 lbs.
    7. Average lbs lost per week: 2 lbs.
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed:
    - Started: 1440 - Current: 1800

9. What is your activity level set at? Sedentary
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? None

11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :)
    Mon-Wed-Fri: Cardio : Mostly Cathe Friedrich videos
    Tu-Thur: Strength training: Currently Cathe Friedrich STS total body and Jari Love

12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? I've plateaued and I'm still on it, currently cutting some calories to see if that works.
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. Low Carb (No more than 140 per day)
    14. Do you have cheat days? Noup
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? Everyday =)
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? 1lbs
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? Been able to know what foods are best for me, based on their calories and nutritional properties.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    1. Age 42
    2. Height 5' 7"
    3. Gender F
    4. Start date at MFP 9/9/2010
    5. Start weight 199lbs
    6. Lbs lost so far 40lbs
    7. Average lbs lost per week 1lb I know this doesn't add up but I've had some stalls, and some wt gain back that I've relost etc...
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. 1550c now down to 1480c this happened somewhere in the mid 170's. This is for a 1lb wt loss/week.
    9. What is your activity level set at? Light
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? I usually don't eat any back but that's because I don't measure my food so figure my actual calories are a little higher than what I log and it cancels out. Since buying a HRM and food scale I'm now trying to stay closer to my daily calories and eat back about half of them.
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) I try to strength train 2 times a week. I'm doing C25K 3X a week, I try to use my stationary bike 20 minutes twice a day on the days I don't run. I usually have 2 days a week that I don't end up doing anything.
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? About every 10lbs it seems I say there for 3-4 weeks. I continue on and don't change anything and eventually it moves.
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. I tend to go higher protein and lower/clean carbs but not something as strict as Atkins.
    14. Do you have cheat days? Not persay.
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? Within ALL goals on the same day? Probably never but I do try and balance things out over the course of a week.
    16. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? Initially, tracking calories and understanding what constitutes a portion size. Also appreciating the level of sodium and sugar in things...not just their calorie count. I must add here that as I reassed things at my year anniversary I did really buckle down to more strength training. Heavy cardio at least 3 times a week, that's my running, and trying to not go over my daily carb or fat amount even if I wasn't out of calories yet. That has created an intersting challenge to make better food choices and really seemed to be helping in August right before I got majorly sidetracked with a family health emergency. Feel free to check out my food and excercise dairy if you want. Today is my first back in awhile and hopefully I'll be back on track from here. Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    1. Age- 43
    2. Height - 5' 2"
    3. Gender - F
    4. Start date at MFP - Originally mid April but the fell off the wagon. Been on the plan nearly 90 days now
    5. Start weight -164
    6. Lbs lost so far - 20
    7. Average lbs lost per week -1
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. - w/ exercise 1400-1500
    9. What is your activity level set at? - not sure, moderate maybe? I'm a pre-k teacher
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back. - Half to all
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) C25K 5-6 times a week, also occasional ab crunches, bicep & tricep curls, mountain climbers
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? Yes...I need to raise my calories
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. - None...it's all in moderation
    14. Do you have cheat days? On a rare occasion
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? Calories, everyday....haven't focused on the others yet
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? 2
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? ME!!! I for once am really giving this my all!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1. Age I will be 32 on Wed.
    2. Height 5'11
    3. Gender F
    4. Start date at MFP 2 months ago
    5. Start weight I started MFP at 225ish but I lost weight before I joined.
    6. Lbs lost so far 30
    7. Average lbs lost per week 1.5
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. 1330
    9. What is your activity level set at? light
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? none
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) 3 times a week for 45 min cardio and 2 times a week for 25 min. with weights.
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? yes, I just changed up and eating and workouts
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. just the MFP plan of eating right and staying in my calories
    14. Do you have cheat days? no
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? 6
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? 2
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? consistency and never stopping even if I eat a bag of chips
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I'll answer this in a few weeks, got my second weigh in on Friday, so I'll have more of an idea of answers then <3
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    1. Age: 23
    2. Height: 5'3"
    3. Gender: Female
    4. Start date at MFP: 8/24
    5. Start weight: 129
    6. Lbs lost so far: 11.2lbs
    7. Average lbs lost per week: 2.8lbs/week
    8. Daily calorie allowance: 1200
    9. What is your activity level set at? Sedentary - Only because I work at a call center and sit all day but I do try to work out 5 days a week!
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? None
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? 5d/wk - Mon/Weds/Fri: C25K, Abs, Swimming laps // Tues/Thurs: walk at incline on treadmill, strength training, swimming
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? I sat between 123-121 for practically the entire 4 weeks, it just randomly dropped.
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. None - Just watching calories and trying to incorporate more healthly choices
    14. Do you have cheat days? Yes :x Sundays for football we splurged for wings/pizza/drinks for football. May become our trend at least till football is over lol
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? Practically every day :)
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? Goal was 2 lbs/wk
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? My fiance - he keeps me focused and happy even if I get super frustrated when I don't lose or struggle with my fitness goals.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    1. 43
    2. 5'8 1/2
    3. Female
    4. StJan 2011 but only registered, seriously using since beginning August 2011
    5. 220lbs
    6. 25lb
    7. 1-2lbs
    8. 1200 set by mfp, not changed
    9. Lightly active
    10. Normally at back at least half exercise cals,more if hungry
    11. Walk between 30-90 mins brisk,everyday, 2 x 1hr zumba class, ea sports 30-50 mins 4xweek,then variety of cycling,jogging,some light weight work,more zumba on wii, exercise dvds - whatever I feel like at the time
    12. Not plateaud yet, fingers crossed
    13. No special diet, watching sugar due to diabetes
    14. Not yet, everything fits into my allowance,dont consider anything as cheating or its not realistic lifestyle change
    15. Try and be within goals most days, have never been over calorie wise, I just work more, if I am over on sugar, its normally fruit that does it.
    16. 1.5lb loss
    17. Realising its not a diet,not restricting anything,and still enjoying my food, realising eating more helps you lose weight!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    1. Age - 21
    2. Height - 5' 11"
    3. Gender - female
    4. Start date at MFP - uhhhh october something of last year
    5. Start weight - on MFP, 205, my "journey" 223
    6. Lbs lost so far - since MFP, 30, total, 50
    7. Average lbs lost per week - it was about .5 - 1lbs a week, now it's just really maintaining
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. - 1420 now, i think about 1450 when i started
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? - none
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) - 6 days a week, 1 hour each day, mostly always cardio. If I do strength it's on top of my hour.
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? - yes, when I went to Spain because I ate whatever I wanted and didn't exercise haha
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. - none
    14. Do you have cheat days? - I don't pick a specific day of the week and say "oh, saturday is my cheat day", but if I go out to eat, I eat whatever I want since it's so rare.
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? always within the calories, unless I eat out. Almost always over on fiber (I have bathroom issues so it's good haha).
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? 1 lb i think
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? Logging EVERYTHING.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    . Age 53
    2. Height 5'1
    3. Gender f
    4. Start date at MFP 9-14
    5. Start weight 211
    6. Lbs lost so far 6
    7. Average lbs lost per week 3
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. 1200
    9. What is your activity level set at? moderate
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? all
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) 30 minutes of cardio/4-5 x week. Haven't gotten into strength yet
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? n/a
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. low gluten due to allergies
    14. Do you have cheat days? not planned
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? 6-7
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? mobile phone reminders
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    1. Age - 38
    2. Height - 5'8"
    3. Gender - Male
    4. Start date at MFP - December 2010
    5. Start weight - 189
    6. Lbs lost so far - 19
    7. Average lbs lost per week - hit my goal weight in April 2011
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. - started at 1840, currently 2220
    9. What is your activity level set at? - sedentary as I work a desk job
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? As many as possible, preferably all
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) Run, bike and swim (mostly run these days) 4-5 times a week
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? Nope
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. - None
    14. Do you have cheat days? Cheat meals, yes. Cheat days, no.
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? No clue. I don't track the rest very closely
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? 1 pound a week
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? Self-discipline and support of friends and family
  • ScoutMomAng
    Options
    1. Age 43 (nearing 44)
    2. Height 5' 4"
    3. Gender Female
    4. Start date at MFP May something
    5. Start weight 243 that day (249 in December at Dr.s)
    6. Lbs lost so far 33 since starting MFP
    7. Average lbs lost per week goal is 2 but not sure of the current average
    8. Daily calorie allowance - please list when started and current if it has changed. 1240 not sure of start date and it did change from 1280
    9. What is your activity level set at? Light activity
    10. If you exercise, how many exercise calories do you eat back, ALL, Half, Some if hungry or NONE? just enough to keep the program from telling me I'm eating too few calories unless I am still hungry
    11. What is your exercise routine and frequency? (briefly :) right now not a lot. Only the walking I get at work (which can be a lot)
    12. Have you ever plateaued for longer than 3 weeks and if yes, how did you break it? that is where I'm at now...looking for suggestions
    13. Please list any special diets you are using, i.e. Low/no carb, vegan etc. No special diets
    14. Do you have cheat days? everybody does don't they?
    15. How many days per week do you think you are within all goals you track (cals, protein, sodium etc.) on MFP? almost all of them. The thing I go over most on is protein.
    16. How many pounds per week was your goal set for when you started (or the majority of your time here)? 2 lbs per week
    17. What do you feel is the biggest factor in your weight loss success? Not changing much of anything I eat or in the way of exercise.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys.. Interesting!