My first race

Options
Well, I joined MFP Jan 3rd 2011. I couldn't run 1 block and chew gum at the same time. I just finished my 265th day on MFP and I just ran my first ever 5k. I completed the race in 31:46. My goal was to get under 30 minutes but I'm totally ok with my time. The fact that I finished the race without stopping was my main goal. I am now down 90 lbs, I feel great and I will never let myself go again! Life is good and I am happy to be alive!!!!

Replies

• Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Awesome. So happy for you. Great job! Remember, no matter how slow you go, you still lap everyone on the couch!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Way to go! that is a fantastic achievement.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wow, That is great and yo are truly Awesome, so true great to be alive and not letting yourself go. I like that and it keeps me encouraged. Keep up the good work...
  • sandyrff
    Options
    Congratulations that was awesome:happy: . Do not give up that was great.
  • fitnfreeme
    fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My congratulations to you on all of your success! I think your time was terrific! I'm on week four of couch to 5K and it is getting hard!!! So I know how many barriers you have broken through to accomplish this victory. I'll be thinking of you when I run my first race which is about five weeks ago, immediately after I finish the couch to 5K program.

Congrats again on all of your success! You have inspired me (and I am certain many others) for your efforts. Great job!
  • sherab69
    sherab69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful 5k time for your first race! Congrats!
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • robmaguire1
    Options
    Awesome. Congrats. You have the next race to get under 30 minutes!!!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 5k are so much fun! ...thats actually a pretty good time :)
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome. So happy for you. Great job! Remember, no matter how slow you go, you still lap everyone on the couch!

So true ! Love this
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

So true, I never thouht of it that way before. I ended up finishing 237 out of 753. It is amazing what the human body is capable of. I seriously could not run 600 feet in January. The body is very forgiving and can learn from anything we teach it. I am proof. Never ever would I have thought that I could run 3 miles ;-) Thanks for everyones support, it means a lot to me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!