Getting used to clothes that fit?

Options
Hi Everyone,

On Thursday I was finally able to fit into some size 16 jeans comfortably :-)

I've been wearing my size 20 since I started my journey and they have been hanging off and not looking flattering at all. I have worn the jeans for the last 2 days and am really struggling getting used wearing something that fits - they feel really tight and I feel poured into them... everyone is saying that they look great and not tight at all.

Is this just me or have others found the same thing? If so how long does it take to get used to it? I'm tempted to put my oversized 20's back on!

Replies

• AceDuddyMegaa
    Options
    i say give it a week.. look in the mirror at as many angles as you can to reassure yourself that youre lookin smexy then start aiming for the next size down.. good luck with your goals
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It will give you the insentive to keep going. Don't put the 20's back on. It will feel so good to finally fit in them!:flowerforyou:
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you feel weird with the fit...but do they feel comfortable? I mean 'sit down, run around, not have to fidget with them' comfortable? If they do, then you, my dear, are a size 16!!!!!!! OWN THAT!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

On Thursday I was finally able to fit into some size 16 jeans comfortably :-)

I've been wearing my size 20 since I started my journey and they have been hanging off and not looking flattering at all. I have worn the jeans for the last 2 days and am really struggling getting used wearing something that fits - they feel really tight and I feel poured into them... everyone is saying that they look great and not tight at all.

Is this just me or have others found the same thing? If so how long does it take to get used to it? I'm tempted to put my oversized 20's back on!

Wow! Someone else who feels EXACTLY like me! You described it perfectly! Clothes that "fit" me feel too tight as i'm so used to baggy clothes! Trust me, you are NOT alone!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
    I understand how you feel about giving up the 'oversized' feel of clothing. When I first started loosing, I wore my clothes til they fell off, and I HAD to buy smaller sizes. It does take some getting used to. That is when I realized that really loose clothing was not the best motivator for me. I pay more attention and work even harder when I am wearing clothes that actually fit. It makes me realize that I have quite a ways to go, and I can't rest on my laurels. I want to be a size 8, and while I'm pleased that I can fit into size 12's, I still have to work hard to be where I want to be. Clothes that fit are the motivator I need to continue loosing.
    Enter the joy of thrift stores. Salvation Army, Volunteer's of America, Goodwill, etc. You can get jeans, pants, and tops for about $2.00 a pop. I buy 2 pair that fit me now, and a 'mini goal' pair one size smaller.
    I figure that if I truly like the baggy/roomy look, it'll have to be that pair of size 8's!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have had those same feelings lol. I finally got tired of looking at my baggy pants, and started wearing the right size. After a while the pants started to feel more comfortable. I went from a size 20 to a 16 to a size 14. I just went and bought three new pairs of size 14 jeans, and now I am finding that my brand new pants are kind of big, but Iam too scared to venture over to the smaller section lol. I am going to give it a few weeks, and see how they fit then lol. I have found that if I wear my baggy pants I look bigger than I really am, and it really gets annoying having to pull my pants up all the time lol :) Give it some time. Awesome job!!! Keep up the good work :):drinker:
  • luci2403
    luci2403 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the reassurance that I'm not alone!!!

I have pushed myself harder the last 2 days as it has made me realise that I still have a way to go. It has been nice not having to hold my jeans as I pick up one of the kids and actually undo them to go to the toilet! LOL!

We done to everyone's weight loss :-D