Hello I am new!!

Options
Well I am kinda of excited to be on here for a new way to help me lose weight. I am a failure at this. I have been trying for months now to lose 50 lbs. I wake up on a diet and end the day in total failure. I am hoping this will help me stay on track while meeting some good people for some extra support. I am here if you need the suppost back also.

Replies

• changeisgood55
    Options
    Welcome! I think you will like this site. You will get a lot of support. Feel free to friend me if you like. Good luck!
  • yummummum
    Options
    Hi,

welcome, I am pretty new here too and have found great support. But you have decide that you really want this and can do it. That is what I had to do for myself also. List the reasons why and visualize yourself at goal. Try not to think of the whole 50 pounds at once either. Just focus on one day, one pound.

"what we think, we become"

For what it is worth, I was banging my head against the wall for years trying to lose weight on weight watchers. I have switched to low carb and it has made all the difference in the world. Maybe try something different then you have always done to start out.

Either way, get a positive attitude that you CAN do this and take it one day at a time.
  • RUChubby2
    Options
    I've been on MFP for just under a month and I feel it is a great aid. So easy to keep track of food and exercise. Good luck to you.
  • hjesi78
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I have decided that I want to be around for my kids and the only way that is gonna happen is to lose this weight. Being over weight isnt going to help the life process and I am tired of the way I look in the mirror.
  • tinatime29
    Options
    hello there, I know you can do this.. I have lost 71 pounds, and I know if I can do this anyone can.
  • LacieMac
    Options
    I am new to..started yesterday. I was told something the other day that I really liked. If you mess up on your diet ie eat a pizza or cake or something, dont beat yourself up. We are all humans and make mistakes. Just keep your head up and start fresh the next day. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!
  • 500daysofshelby
    Options
    I am new to..started yesterday. I was told something the other day that I really liked. If you mess up on your diet ie eat a pizza or cake or something, dont beat yourself up. We are all humans and make mistakes. Just keep your head up and start fresh the next day. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly this ^

If you have a slice of pizza or cake occasionally, you'll be fine. It's ok to not completely restrict yourself of these things, otherwise you'll be more tempted to break your restriction.

And if you need support, everyone on MFP will be here for you. You just have to believe in yourself, you can do it!
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think this site is helpful and there are all kinds of inspirational success stories. I am really hoping to become one.
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are NOT a failure! Thinking like that sets you up for quitting. Life is one day at a time. If you get off track then you pick yourself up and keep on trucking. This is the best site I have ever found. It is easy to log food and exercise and the food database is amazing. I even had lunch at the Ikea furniture caferteria and it was listed:happy:

Good luck to you and remind yourself everyday you can do this. We all start that diet everyday when we wake up so we are here for you.

You can friend me if you like.:smile:
  • NaughtyKnockers
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! Appreciate any motivated friends! :D
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    love ur username!!! feel free to add xx