I’m ready to do things the right way.

Options
danip25
danip25 Posts: 1 Member
Hello I’m totally new to the community section of MFP! I’ve been on the weight loss roller coaster for too long! Im on my final 10lbs and I’m ready to commit and do it properly so I can say farewell for good! I know it’s not going to be the easiest final lap of this journey but I’m ready to finish the race and just maintain! Does anyone have any pointers for the final 10? I know this is very vague but curious what other people have done? does anyone really just follow the recommended goals and get there or is it with a lot of adjustments on your part? I’ve done lots of programs in the past some worked some didn’t a lot of it has been just me figuring it out so just curious how much work others put in or if it can be that simple. I become very fixated on my goals I love everything diet and nutrition and feel like I know what I need to do but as I said just would love feedback

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Yep, I just followed the recommended goals, not taking it too fast (0.5 pound per week) Then, once there just maintained the habits I used to get there.
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to log my calories, account for Fitbit calories, and keep track of nutrition. I have a spreadsheet where I calculate calories in/calories out/pounds lost (over several months) to give me a maintenance goal, and I change it in MFP weekly. I aim for 1750 under maintenance every week, but I count it a success if I don’t go over.

It’s a bit over the top, but I like it that way. I’ve lost 24 pounds since Thanksgiving, and am on my last 5-10.