Why didn't anyone tell me my face was so puffy?!

Options
A couple of nights ago I decided to go through some of the pictures on my computer & I discovered that I have definitely lost weight in my face (in my opinion). I then asked my family "Why didn't you tell me my face was so puffy?" Sometimes you don't realize you let yourself get that far, but looking back now, I am so thankful for the progress I've made! I still have a ways to go, but I am thankful for my support system & mfp! Good luck everyone! :)

25g9li0.jpg

Replies

• brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    you have a beautiful smile.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! It wasn't until I found out I actually had a jawline that I realized just how puffy my face looked too!
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that!! You look great!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I know I hate the "you can really see the weight loss in your face" comment.... Are you saying my face was fat? LOL

My daughters found a pic of me at my heaviest and said "OMG you weren't really that fat were you?" not sure how to take that...

But you look great... Skinny face and all! :flowerforyou:
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If I would have met you in the 'before' picture, I would not know that your face was 'puffy'... because I didn't have a point of comparison. Now that you have lost weight.... I can tell you, 'hey, your face is so much smaller!'... :happy: Perhaps the people in your life felt the same way???
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you look great!! congrats. sorry no one told you your face was puffy.
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You are cute in both pics!! Good job!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That is a pretty big difference. But I'm pretty sure no one would notice it til you lost the weight because I wouldn't have looked at you in the "before" and said, "wow, that girl has one puffy face". LOL You look really cute with a great smile in both pics. But the second one does look better (with all the hard work it had better, right?)
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I then asked my family "Why didn't you tell me my face was so puffy?" Sometimes you don't realize you let yourself get that far, but looking back now, I am so thankful for the progress I've made!

Funny because I have looked back and thought the same thing... But then I ask myself - would I really have wanted someone to bring my chubby face or double chin to my attention? I'm guessing the way I was already feeling about myself, I probably would have cried! I just keep saying to myself now: there is no excuse to ever look that way again & think positive :) but... you are beautiful in both pictures... Good luck on your journey!! You should be proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie_D
    Options
    You look fantastic! Your hard work is paying off!!
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice it either, until I lost around 30 pounds then saw a picture of myself at my friends wedding (and I was over 200 pounds then). I'll try to post those pictures later.

Great job :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    The problem with puffy faces is that you can't really see it until a person loses weight. Add to that the fact that in general, at least in North America, we don't have a good idea of what a healthy weight looks like. I am not exceptionally muscular, yet people have been saying I should stop losing weight from about the time I moved from officially obese to just being overweight. Now that I am around the very upper end of what is considered a normal healthy weight according to BMI, people keep saying I look emaciated and should really stop losing weight. Looking at my pictures without a shirt there is no question I still have lots of fat to lose (at least another 10-15 pounds) to get the muscle definition I want.

BTW, you look wonderful now. Keep up the good work.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have a pic of myself from my husbands 20th high school reunion..I thought I looked good that night..but looking at them now..its like ugh..not so pretty...and the dress i wore..is now 6 sizes too bigll..
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    yes gyrl u look gr8!! keep it up!! and UR DIMPLE S ARE EVEN DEEPER! LOL I cant wait until I can see mine! LOL
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!
  • auntsteffy
    Options
    You guys are great! I guess if I didn't have a comparison picture it wouldn't be so noticeable, but it definitely shows the hard work is paying off. Thank you all for your kind words! :blushing:
  • jem728
    Options
    You are an absolute cutie pie - in both pictures. Good job on your progress.
  • auntsteffy
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words! It feels great for your progress to become visible! :smile:
  • ellehun
    Options
    Aw, you're so cute! I completely understand.. I also gain in my face (and look like I have chipmunk cheeks) Really aggravating, and I avoid photos. However, it is liberating when (we) lose a good 10 pounds, because it is pretty noticeable b/c of that!

Congrats on your progress..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!