Photographic Height/Weight Chart

Options
Hi there! I just found a website with photos of actual people representing their Height and weight, a visual BMI kinda... and it shows you how worthless the BMI really is

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

IMPORTANT: DON'T GO TO www.mybodygallery.com
That site is mentioned in the comments - it has been hacked. The site I posted is clean, so no problems there

Replies

• littlemsmuffet
    Options
    I've seen this before. It seriously puts everything into perspective. I wish blood samples and body composition evaluation were added to the measurements (height, weight) for one's routine physical. I think the body mass index - alone - as an indicator of health is absurd.
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    Very cool! Thanks for posting!!
    :smile:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    BMI is actually good for two things. One of them is Jack and he left town.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ive posted this website quiet a few times, its a great reference. For women, a REALLY good resource is

mybodygallery link above ^^

For women, you can do it by weight, shape, pant size, height, I think even cup size. To bad they dont have something for guys (probably because based of muscle build, it can be significantly different)

Site has been hacked!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    This definitely a neat visual.Thanks!
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Thanks very much. Very interesting!!
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yep, don't go to that site. If you end up there, hit <alt> <F4> to immediately log off.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Hmm... I tried to compare myself with the chart and I look nothing like them. I think it depends on your body shape too. My friend and I are completely the same weight but I'm heavier on my upper body whereas she is on her lower body. My legs look slimmer than hers but her arms and shoulders are something I envy!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Yep, don't go to that site. If you end up there, hit <alt> <F4> to immediately log off.

Pardon me for a stupid question...what exactly is wrong with the site?
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Pardon me for a stupid question...what exactly is wrong with the site?

I think the site (mybodygallery) has a virus.
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This site has been hacked and taken offline, the hacker then places a holding page of there choice on and when you click it, the link (IM not saying it has but it can) run bad coding which will exploit the operating system of your machine, and could lead to a number of things