PCOS before and afters!

Options
miam4nia
miam4nia Posts: 137 Member
I think it would be great to see some success stories for women with PCOS, and it would help encourage the others who find it harder to lose weight as we have a serious roadblock in this journey!

So post your before and afters and share your success with us cysters!

Replies

• kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    And this is insanely weird because i didnt create this thread??!?!?! why am i the first one up here
    im not done yet but

kWPVa-3.jpg
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! How are you losing?
  • kleavitt1992
    Options
    just zumba and tracking cals and Miam4nia Didnt you create the thread it totally looks like i did just because im up there first :S
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    you look awesome... great job!
  • miam4nia
    Options
    just zumba and tracking cals and Miam4nia Didnt you create the thread it totally looks like i did just because im up there first :S

i come up as first when i look at it!! :/ weird

but yeah!! i agree with everyone you look GREAT! how long did it take you?
  • elfie9863
    Options
    HOLY GUACOMOLE!!!!!! Amazing!!! :smile:
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options

When a thread reached a certain number of posts it rolls over into a new thread.
  • miam4nia
    Options
    this is a new thread and hers is the second post! that's weird...it also doesn't show up on recent posts...hmm maybe a technical error?
  • kleavitt1992
    Options
    im pretty sure a miam4nia just created she's one of my friends and it said she posted the topic in my newsfeed but idk i guess lol oh well i just dont like it looking like i have a topic all to myself because i think her intention was to see alot of pcos before and afters not a thread devoted to me
  • kleavitt1992
    Options
    this is a new thread and hers is the second post! that's weird...it also doesn't show up on recent posts...hmm maybe a technical error?

hmm maybe lol :S im just confused
  • wwchood
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!!! Good for you! You look amazing!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    An MFP said I should post here…and since I hit a goal I’ve been struggling to reach, I thought I would. A little background: I’ve been overweight my entire life up to age 17 (when I was diagnosed with PCOS), I had never menstruated. I was put on birth control and got very depressed. I lost about 30 pounds on my own, then another 30 on weight watchers. After I lost the 60 most of my symptoms went away. Over the past well…8 years I have mostly maintained. After my wedding last year, honeymoon, and surgery I put on 13 pounds (I was about 167). In January I started my healthy lifestyle again, working harder than I ever have. The lowest I had been was 146 (probably 5 years ago)….until yesterday I hit 144.4 . I have been stuck at a plateau at 147 for about 3 months or so…SUPER frustrating when you are working out 6 days a week and counting healthy cals. But I did it! I set the goal of 145 eight years ago….it’s been a long road but I’m finally content (and of course have set more goals lol) Good luck to each and everyone of you. You are worth it.

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it”

My 16th Birthday
    1716095_1354.jpg

1716095_6329.jpg

AllysonAustin.jpg

In the middle of P90X
    7-21-111472.jpg
    1716095_9617.jpg
    1716095_9856.jpg

Havent taken pics in the last few months…bc Im trying to get more toned. ALMOST done with P90X!

I posted this on a forum once, just re posting.
    Dear PCOS,
    You sure did sneak up on me, a defenseless child. Everyone was having periods and growing boobs. I was getting hairy and growing acne on my arms and skin tags. Girls were starting to date. I was going bald. Girls would have pool parties, I would cover up as much as possible because of the huge red lines all over my body from gaining weight so fast. Girls were very flirty with the guys, I had a man voice. Eventually I was diagnosed and told I would have problems conceiving. I thought you had got the best of me.

You didn’t. I lost the weight, I shave my arms, got those skin tags cut off, the stretch marks have faded, I can live with the man voice, no more acne and hair lose (thank god for birth control), I even bought myself some boobs, and I don’t want kids (yet). I got married even though you made me think no one would ever want me. I BEAT YOU. WINNING!
    <3,
    Allyson

:flowerforyou:
  • astovey
    Options
    Whoops...that one pic is HUGE! lol
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Both of you guys look fabulous!!
  • kleavitt1992
    Options
    Astovey has been one of my main inspirations since i joined mfp she was the 2nd friend i ever added on the site she is incredible
  • fadeddreamz58
    fadeddreamz58 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You guys give me hope!
    I have PCOS and for some odd reason lost 4lbs in one day!
    I can't wait to post my before and during pics!
  • fadeddreamz58
    fadeddreamz58 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    An MFP said I should post here…and since I hit a goal I’ve been struggling to reach, I thought I would. A little background: I’ve been overweight my entire life up to age 17 (when I was diagnosed with PCOS), I had never menstruated. I was put on birth control and got very depressed. I lost about 30 pounds on my own, then another 30 on weight watchers. After I lost the 60 most of my symptoms went away. Over the past well…8 years I have mostly maintained. After my wedding last year, honeymoon, and surgery I put on 13 pounds (I was about 167). In January I started my healthy lifestyle again, working harder than I ever have. The lowest I had been was 146 (probably 5 years ago)….until yesterday I hit 144.4 . I have been stuck at a plateau at 147 for about 3 months or so…SUPER frustrating when you are working out 6 days a week and counting healthy cals. But I did it! I set the goal of 145 eight years ago….it’s been a long road but I’m finally content (and of course have set more goals lol) Good luck to each and everyone of you. You are worth it.

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it”

My 16th Birthday
    1716095_1354.jpg

1716095_6329.jpg

AllysonAustin.jpg

In the middle of P90X
    7-21-111472.jpg
    1716095_9617.jpg
    1716095_9856.jpg

Havent taken pics in the last few months…bc Im trying to get more toned. ALMOST done with P90X!

I posted this on a forum once, just re posting.
    Dear PCOS,
    You sure did sneak up on me, a defenseless child. Everyone was having periods and growing boobs. I was getting hairy and growing acne on my arms and skin tags. Girls were starting to date. I was going bald. Girls would have pool parties, I would cover up as much as possible because of the huge red lines all over my body from gaining weight so fast. Girls were very flirty with the guys, I had a man voice. Eventually I was diagnosed and told I would have problems conceiving. I thought you had got the best of me.

You didn’t. I lost the weight, I shave my arms, got those skin tags cut off, the stretch marks have faded, I can live with the man voice, no more acne and hair lose (thank god for birth control), I even bought myself some boobs, and I don’t want kids (yet). I got married even though you made me think no one would ever want me. I BEAT YOU. WINNING!
    <3,
    Allyson

:flowerforyou:

I love your last quote. I was diagnosed after my son was born, they don't know how I got it, they can't explain it. I was fine until I started TTC. It's been over a year since trying and after going off BC, I gained weight, got hairier, etc. I am now trying to lose the weight to make it easier. I noticed since losing a few pounds, I ovulated!
  • violetfire80
    Options
    you both look amazing! I have PCOS and this gives me hope that I can do this! I have before pictures but think I will wait until I am half way to post pics on this thread :-)
  • astovey
    Options
    Thanks girls, and thanks Katie....that's really nice of you to say :happy:
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and you are sooo are very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!