Suggest High calorie veg breakfast ideas.

Options
Please suggest few high calorie breakfast ideas except peanut butter/bread. I am trying to gain a bit but unable to fulfil sufficient calorie goals.

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    szxd8t9bpj wrote: »
    Please suggest few high calorie breakfast ideas except peanut butter/bread. I am trying to gain a bit but unable to fulfil sufficient calorie goals.

If you eat cheese just cover everything in cheese.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,702 Member
    Options
    Once I add berries, Greek yogurt, nuts, hemp hearts, ground flax seed, blackstrap molasses, and walnuts to my oatmeal, and have coffee with lotsa milk alongside, it adds up to over 600 calories. If you don't eat dairy at all, then vegan yogurt-equivalent and plant milk would probably get you there, too.

Another option would be protein pancakes with nuts in/on them and some kind of calorie-dense topping, maybe sliced bananas and maple syrup.
  • knotmel
    knotmel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is too close to PB on bread, but I really like hummus and salsa on a bagel. I microwave a large serving of hummus (I like it best warm), cover with everything bagel seasoning and salsa, then swipe it up with the bagel.

You might also think about eating typical "lunch" or "dinner" food for breakfast. Leftovers are great for this, because they're so quick!
  • BeanieBean93
    BeanieBean93 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been working on increasing my intake. Breakfast right now is

fruit (usually an apple), oatmeal with yogurt/cottage cheese, protein powder, hemp seeds and peanut butter. Since you said no peanut butter, you could do trail mix. Or have a glass of milk. Or a protein bar on the side.

If you don't like oatmeal - cereal and milk with a side of scrambled eggs with cheese and guacamole

Or, you could do a higher calorie protein bar (Clif Builder Bars is decent), glass of milk, fruit and hard boiled eggs.

Or, you could do savory - chicken, bacon and potatoes

Or baked potato, sour cream, cheese and chicken strips

Or leftover pizza is always an option. Easy to transport and great cold.

Essentially, there are plenty of options. What do you like to eat already? It doesn't have to be "breakfast food." I used to eat beef jerky for breakfast. My fiance regularly eats leftover pasta for breakfast.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like the combo of cheese slice, nuts and fresh fruit
  • LarryLorenz
    LarryLorenz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you want to gain then eat more hard boiled eggs for the protein and calories. Throw in a baked potato for the calories and carbs. Maybe a 1/4 pound of sliced deli turkey